Parking for Jaxport

cruisenovice2017

Sailing on the Elation out of Jacksonville on April 22 for 5 days to the Bahamas. We are staying at the Springhill Suites. In researching parking, I see that WallyPark and Park EZ Fly are both directly across the street from the hotel and cost half of what it costs at Jaxport. Is anyone familiar with either of these places and, if so, which one would you recommend?

The thing I have found about using those park n shuttle from Jaxport is that there slow in returning you to your car. Often we were dropped off at one location only to have to wait for another shuttle to get back to our car. This only happens in Jaxport. The hotels park in cruise packages are just as bad.

Just chiming in. We park at JaxPort for all the reasons others have said. It can be a long wait to get back to your car otherwise.

And it looks like we'll be sailing at the same time. We've done Elation before and this itinerary/JaxPort many times, so please let me know if you have any other questions. See you on board!

We parked at the port last year and that was a good thing. The Elation was delayed in debarkation and you couldn't drop off luggage as usual. As DH was unloading our one suitcase, a porter came by and took it for us. We walked to the terminal and had a bit of a wait since no one could board. When we returned, it was so easy to get back to our car and be on the road.

Just chiming in. We park at JaxPort for all the reasons others have said. It can be a long wait to get back to your car otherwise.

And it looks like we'll be sailing at the same time. We've done Elation before and this itinerary/JaxPort many times, so please let me know if you have any other questions. See you on board!

I see that you have cruised out of jax-port before, can you tell me how long it takes for the ship to get to the mouth of St John's..

:Dtime to the Atlantic and parking. ---Definitely park at the port - for all the reasons above. As to time to the Atlantic - the boat has to turn around before heading out. It will take about 40 minutes before you are under the Dames Point Bridge and another hour before you pass Mayport and head out to sea....

Sailing on the Elation out of Jacksonville on April 22 for 5 days to the Bahamas. We are staying at the Springhill Suites. In researching parking, I see that WallyPark and Park EZ Fly are both directly across the street from the hotel and cost half of what it costs at Jaxport. Is anyone familiar with either of these places and, if so, which one would you recommend?

This isn't an answer to your parking but I am sailing the week after you on this ship. I would love a review when you get back. Happy Sailing!!

I am on this cruise - I read about check in time, I didn't see that when I booked - in the past I was able to show up early and get on - has that changed?