Live from Allure of the Seas - March 5, 2017

Is that the bamboo rafting on the Martha Brae you're talking about? We're three weeks out and still undecided on what to do in Falmouth. We have a 4 and a 9 year old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To avoid the issues typically found in Jamaica if leaving the port, I booked the cruise line's excursion for the rafting trip. I saw the bamboo rafts but we did the tube rafting. The river is quite gentle and the young men assisting us were really good at keeping us moving and getting us unstuck if we wandered off to the side.

I found the best thing to do inside the port gates was making a basket with the wonderful man who has a small stall - still use that basket today. Otherwise it is primarily more Diamonds/Emeralds/Whaterever International stores and Margaritaville. (not so very interesting for your children)

Hope you have a great time,

Maureen

M&JfromSDL - thank you for the Day 1 Compass! I know it's extra effort to get them loaded and we appreciate it. We are on the same western itinerary on Allure 3/19 so I was surprised when I looked at the "Showtimes at a Glance" flyer because your shows are very different than what my reservations are for. I thought your sailing would be the same as ours, since they alternate every other week. For example, I am going to Mamma Mia on Day 2, OceanAria on Day 3 and Blue Planet on Day 6. They aren't even on your schedule of choices.

Pudy68, I believe the 3/19 itinerary is reverse order of what the 3/5 cruise ended up being. They flipped it due to high winds. I am on Allure 4/16 with the same itinerary as your 3/19 cruise. I would like to see the daily compasses from your cruise if possible.

M: re: your smoking neighbor. Have you formally complained about it to the front office?

I was going to ask the same question. It seems like your balcony time is being cut short by this smoking neighbor.

And what is he doing with his butts?? Throwing them overboard? I think his room steward must see some evidence of the smoking but would never mention it as it might affect his tip. If you report someone smoking near you I would hope security would check it out. It would scare me about the fire hazard with him smoking when he is not provided with an ashtray.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

M: re: your smoking neighbor. Have you formally complained about it to the front office?

Yes I went to the Cabin attendant earlier in the week and guest services/security last night. The smell was terrible during sailaway yesterday and last night I could smell it in the hallway on the walk back from dinner. The ladies at guest services were very nice and by the time I walked back upstairs security was in the hallway speaking with my wife.

I am posting this from the comfort of my balcony hammock so all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Debating on heading down to NextCruise and checking out what they have to offer.

Our anniversary is in October and we have a family reunion to attend in Florida as well so it could line up well.

I'll cover this more later but I think the Oasis-class ships are a bit too large for us. I enjoy it more than my wife does. Seems RCCL only has Oasis class ships out of Florida in October besides Empress which could be an option.

I'll contemplate it some more from my hammock.

93a0ad0972b3db7ba3a83ab028fab0a0.jpg

Really enjoying your live review. Thanks so much for giving us all a much needed fix till it's our turn! If it's not too much trouble, even though you don't have plans to go to the MDR, could you ask someone about the MDR menu rotation. I read on these boards that the Western itinerary is mojo, saffron, pimento, basil, jasmine, shiitake and pomodoro. I'm trying to plan which night to go to Giovanni's. Thanks.

Here's the menu order.

c71a04a10841bbee13bf83f408161ea0.jpg

Debating on heading down to NextCruise and checking out what they have to offer.

Our anniversary is in October and we have a family reunion to attend in Florida as well so it could line up well.

I'll cover this more later but I think the Oasis-class ships are a bit too large for us. I enjoy it more than my wife does. Seems RCCL only has Oasis class ships out of Florida in October besides Empress which could be an option.

In October you also have Majesty and Enchantment out of Miami

Popped by the NextCruise desk. Scored the most awesome deck 8 hump balcony on Allure this October. Wanted to do Harmony because it's new and the itinerary is better, but it was $800 more for the week and the Allure date jives with our family plans a little better.

I'll keep an eye on prices over the coming months.

Popped by the NextCruise desk. Scored the most awesome deck 8 hump balcony on Allure this October. Wanted to do Harmony because it's new and the itinerary is better, but it was $800 more for the week and the Allure date jives with our family plans a little better.

I'll keep an eye on prices over the coming months.

When in October? Our family sails on the 1st.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Forums mobile app

W

93a0ad0972b3db7ba3a83ab028fab0a0.jpg

What kind of hammock do you have? My girlfriend wants to bring one for our trip in a few weeks.

Enjoying your reports and photos, when I was on the Allure I was able to take a picture of our smoker and showed it to the folks at the front desk, end of problem. The Doghouse was my down fall weight wise, I would get some chips and brown mustard from the Cafe then get a dog(s) and head to my balcony for my afternoon snack.

This has not been my morning. Slept terribly last night. Got selected for additional immigration screening. Gave up on brunch plans because of the rain.

Check in at airport and my wife was not selected for TSA Pre. I get randomly selected again for additional pat down at airport. Which gave me something to do while I wait for her to go through the regular security line.

Landed at DCA tonight and one of my Luggage Valet bag did not arrive. This was the bag that was part of my additional search with CBP. If I were a betting man, I have a feeling it is sitting exactly where I left it. I filed claims with Southwest and RCCL. We will see how it goes. Crappy ending to a great vacation.