Passport to Bahamas?

BlueHerons

11 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

Yes, technically you can go to the Bahamas and back on a private charter without checking in with US CBP but with us, it is an ethical issue.  Besides, if you get caught, the fines are pretty steep.

If if you are correct about pretty steep fines, it is difficult to reasonably also say you can go and return without checking in,

It is comparable to saying that that you can steal stuff from stores - but there are penalties if you get caught.

The fact that there are penalties mean than you cannot do it legally. It is not just an “ethical issue”.

11 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

Navybankteacher, it is VERY EASY to leave this country and come back without ever checking in with customs and boarder patrol.  Very easy.  

We left and returned from my friend's back yard.  We didn't pass anyone who would stop us.  By private vessel it is done on the honor system.

Tens of thousands of private vessels do this daily.

4 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

Navybankteacher, it is VERY EASY to leave this country and come back without ever checking in with customs and boarder patrol.  Very easy.  

We left and returned from my friend's back yard.  We didn't pass anyone who would stop us.  By private vessel it is done on the honor system.

Tens of thousands of private vessels do this daily.

Which, of course, explains the availability of cocaine and other “imported goods” in the US.

11 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Which, of course, explains the availability of cocaine and other “imported goods” in the US.

Yes it does, the borders are much more porous than most people realize. We have a couple of lakes up here that are in the US and Canada and the same situation applies, boaters are supposed to check in with the authorities when they cross (I am not a boater so I am not sure of the exact process, but there is a process).