Coral SB Alaska C237 or D725?

texswamper

We were late to book our Alaskan cruise so I didn't have many cabin choices. Normally I book a mid ship Caribe balcony port side but none were available. Most of the port side cabins for this southbound cruise were already taken. I've booked C235 & 237 but have noticed that 2 mini suites aft, D723 & 725 are still available for an extra $1000 for the week. I've tried finding some good research on a comparison but haven't found opinions, so I'm hoping a few folks on the boards here can give me their thoughts & opinions. Thanks!

Is that $1000 total for both cabins ? How many people in each cabin? The extra space could be a factor. We had a mini for our trip to AK only because when I booked it is was only $300 more for both of us. Minis are great especially when there is lots of sea time but the big balcony on caribe deck makes up for that . When deciding this type of thing I calculate the per day per person cost which makes comparison very easy. The aft location could be a bonus or not, very near aft viewing decks but buffet is at front of the Coral.... a long walk. What is your travel group like?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Is that $1000 total for both cabins ? How many people in each cabin? The extra space could be a factor. We had a mini for our trip to AK only because when I booked it is was only $300 more for both of us. Minis are great especially when there is lots of sea time but the big balcony on caribe deck makes up for that . When deciding this type of thing I calculate the per day per person cost which makes comparison very easy. The aft location could be a bonus or not, very near aft viewing decks but buffet is at front of the Coral.... a long walk. What is your travel group like?

Yes, it's $1k total for both cabins. My husband & I in one and my mother in law in the other. I don't think our balcony on Caribe is the larger due to it being in the forward "bump out" according to others. That's one of the reasons why I was considering the Dolphin mini even though the last balcony is uncovered. We have loved the Caribe half covered/half uncovered on many ships a not sure about the completely uncovered. We don't mind at all the walk to the front of the ship but concerned more about the amount of noise from everyone coming and going to the back viewing deck thru that door as well as the noise from the laundry near these cabins.

We had c722...the aft viewing decks were very quiet I never saw more than 6 people out there. The laundry should have a door. We were near the laundry and I heard nothing from them and saw minimal traffic... if you are comfortable with the price I'd go for it. Emerald minis are coveted spots and the extra space inside and out is great.

On our 2 Alaska cruises on the Coral we had mini-suites on Dolphin deck in the 700 series because the balconies are fully covered which can be very important given Alaksa's weather. They are also quiet and almost adjacent to the aft viewing area. Should we cruise again on the Coral Princess they would be our preferred cabins.