Esta form

daveotto

Hi,

Your post is confusing as you say she liveD in Florida and "had" a green card.

What is her status now?? Does she have a green card now??

ESTA is for people who are first traveling to the USA but not for green card holders. It is instead of a VISA(it is a "visa waiver".)

Not sure what status you have told the cruise line and if this was just a computer generated e mail???

Before I would rely on information given here, I would call Carnival and ask to speak with a supervisor. Then call again and ask for another supervisor. If both give the same answer, it's pretty sure it's the right one.

I would hate to see you take the advice given here, then get to the pier and find out that you do indeed need the form that the original e-mail said you needed and you had to miss your cruise because you didn't have it.

I agree that asking strangers on line is not the best way to get immigration info but neither is calling a cruise company and asking a person there whose job it is to sell cruises.

If your wife has a current green card then that is the only thing she needs plus her passport to leave and enter the country again. Lots of folks travel with those docs but you can go and ask USA immigration about that if you wish.

I agree that asking strangers on line is not the best way to get immigration info but neither is calling a cruise company and asking a person there whose job it is to sell cruises.

If your wife has a current green card then that is the only thing she needs plus her passport to leave and enter the country again. Lots of folks travel with those docs but you can go and ask USA immigration about that if you wish.

I agree.

I agree too, but and I emphasize but, the cruise line is the one telling them she needs that form. If they show up without it and the cruise line says they need it, they will not be allowed to board the ship.

Definitely ask USA Immigration and have them send you something in writing so that you have proof that you don't need that form to show when boarding.