Dinning room dress code.

minikiss

And the relevance of your comment is......?

For reasons I fail to understand, you seem to want to pick a fight with everybody!

Everybody, and I thought it was only me. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

During the last few cruises we have sailed on the vast majority of people do make an effort and that's all part of the cruise. The P and O website does specify dark navy jeans for non formal nights. My other half usually dresses down in a smart pair of dark navy well cut jeans, striped designer shirt and decent shoes plus a navy jacket for the non formal nights. Like he would wear at our local gastro pubs. We have seen people turned away from the restaurant at dinner for not adhering to the dress code. There is always the buffet for dinner if you want to dress down. On the odd occasion if weve been on a long tiring trip we have nipped up to the buffet in casual port gear and eaten an early meal. We did come across the odd football shirt in the Epicurean for breakfast and a couple of ladies wafting around the buffet at lunch in some flimsy cover up which belonged on beach but we have seen very little non compliance which is partly why we like P and O. Perhaps we have been lucky with the cruises we have been on?

And the relevance of your comment is......?

For reasons I fail to understand, you seem to want to pick a fight with everybody!

Not at all I was just commenting because you said you wore a suit to work so didn't want to wear one on holiday. I was just mentioning that I have worn a uniform/collar/tie for 34 yrs and it doesn't bother me to wear on a cruise and I enjoy wearing a dinner suit and wished they had not got rid of the semi formal. I am not picking a fight with you or everyone but not everybody who works in a suit thinks the same as you do whilst on holiday.