Video of Alaska Trip 2016

bulldogmommy

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share the video my hubby just finished putting together from our July 2016 Land and Sea, Alaskan trip. I hope you enjoy and if you are one of the lucky 2017 visitors, this will help pump you up for your own adventure. It was truly a life changing experience.

Wow!!! Thank you so much for sharing! Absolutely beautiful photography and video.

I loved your trip report last year - we used it extensively to plan our DIY land and then Millennium cruise. You were a wealth of information! Counting down to July. Thank you again! ~Katie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!!! Thank you so much for sharing! Absolutely beautiful photography and video.

I loved your trip report last year - we used it extensively to plan our DIY land and then Millennium cruise. You were a wealth of information! Counting down to July. Thank you again! ~Katie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You made my day! I did that review hoping I could help one person the way so many people (who will never know) helped us plan our trip!

I hope you guys have an amazing trip, it was absolutely life changing... the scale of everything is hard to explain.

Drink an Alaskan beer and eat a local pizza and think of me for a little second please!

Thanks so much for the spectacular video. Your review has guided us into doing our own DIY land trip with a cruise from Seward to Vancouver. It's our first time to Alaska and at first we considered the land tours. When we we did the math against what we could do on our own, it became a no-brainer. Hubby is also a photographer so this seems like it was meant to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for the spectacular video. Your review has guided us into doing our own DIY land trip with a cruise from Seward to Vancouver. It's our first time to Alaska and at first we considered the land tours. When we we did the math against what we could do on our own, it became a no-brainer. Hubby is also a photographer so this seems like it was meant to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That brings a huge smile to my face! You guys are going to love it! Going on your own will so be worth it, especially for a photographer. I wish you safe travels and great weather, pass on the help and love to others when u return!

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share the video my hubby just finished putting together from our July 2016 Land and Sea, Alaskan trip. I hope you enjoy and if you are one of the lucky 2017 visitors, this will help pump you up for your own adventure. It was truly a life changing experience.

Beautiful video! Looks like you had perfect weather. Which lenses/camera set-up did your husband use for the photos?

Great video! Your husband is certainly a gifted photographer.

You sure lucked out with the weather. I don't think I've ever had more than 2 days in a row without rain !

Polychrome Pass at Denali is a little unnerving, right ? I have a fear of heights so I always have to change sides on the bus for that section of road.

I appreciate that you included some highway footage. Hopefully people will see how easy it is to get around on your own in Alaska ....simple 2 lane hwys most of the way, impossible to get lost. Can't think of a trip where we didn't stop and pullover for wildlife sightings..... usually moose.

You might want to add this video link to your trip report.

I just finished watching your review...OUTSTANDING! You did many of the same things we did on our cruise in 2014 and it was fun re-living the adventure through your pictures and video.

Your husband is a talented photographer...I especially loved the photos of the eagles in flight. What program did he use to create the video? I loved how he used the panning and zooming in on the photos to draw attention to details.

We were like you and considered our cruise a bucket list item, but can you believe...we are going back for the 2nd time already this summer! I agree totally when you say it was a life changing experience!

Great video! Your husband is certainly a gifted photographer.

You sure lucked out with the weather. I don't think I've ever had more than 2 days in a row without rain !

Polychrome Pass at Denali is a little unnerving, right ? I have a fear of heights so I always have to change sides on the bus for that section of road.

I appreciate that you included some highway footage. Hopefully people will see how easy it is to get around on your own in Alaska ....simple 2 lane hwys most of the way, impossible to get lost. Can't think of a trip where we didn't stop and pullover for wildlife sightings..... usually moose.

You might want to add this video link to your trip report.

Thanks for the compliments! The Denali bus trip was very much an exercise in mediation for me but so worth it.

I thought it was so important to let people know it is so easy to navigate Alaska.

I just loved the people of Alaska

I just finished watching your review...OUTSTANDING! You did many of the same things we did on our cruise in 2014 and it was fun re-living the adventure through your pictures and video.

Your husband is a talented photographer...I especially loved the photos of the eagles in flight. What program did he use to create the video? I loved how he used the panning and zooming in on the photos to draw attention to details.

We were like you and considered our cruise a bucket list item, but can you believe...we are going back for the 2nd time already this summer! I agree totally when you say it was a life changing experience!

He uses an editing program called premier pro... he took classes for work to do videos and we have benefited personally in our travels. He is crazy talented, he continues to amaze me everyday!

I wish you happy travels! I look forward to going back,this time to only sit back and take in the beauty that surrounds everything that is Alaska.

I'll pass on your compliments to Todd

Ok, let me consult with him...

Canon 5D Mark III, 70 to 300 mm lens, 50-105 mm

Go Pro hero 4

Thank you! I was just researching lenses and the 70-300 keeps coming up. I just look at the kind of photos I hope to take and Todd's pics were amazing. Now I just have to wait until July! I love doing the research but can't wait to be there.

Very nice. Your weather was amazing.

We are headed to Alaska for our fifth trip. I needed to wait till I retired to have enough time for the Alaska land portion. On our previous cruises we did round trip out of Seattle. Our land portion prior to cruise was Washington and Oregon. I too have planned our own land portion of the trip. It was a bit challenging but I believe it will be worth it in the end. A couple of questions if you don't mind.

At Matanuska Glacier were you on a guided tour? If so who? Was it difficult? I have hiked into Bryce Canyon and the Narrows at Zion but I am a little nervous about hiking on ice. I am about 20 years older than you Did you stay overnight at Matanuska Lodge?

The bus into Denali looked "difficult" is parts. Is it like like most of the trip? Dramamine worthy?

We are going to Katmai prior to our cruise which is out of Whittier. I see you opted for Wrangell and it looks like you did that post cruise. How did you get there?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by JanetAlice
error

Very nice. Your weather was amazing.

We are headed to Alaska for our fifth trip. I needed to wait till I retired to have enough time for the Alaska land portion. On our previous cruises we did round trip out of Seattle. Our land portion prior to cruise was Washington and Oregon. I too have planned our own land portion of the trip. It was a bit challenging but I believe it will be worth it in the end. A couple of questions if you don't mind.

At Matanuska Glacier were you on a guided tour? If so who? Was it difficult? I have hiked into Bryce Canyon and the Narrows at Zion but I am a little nervous about hiking on ice. I am about 20 years older than you ��Did you stay overnight at Matanuska Lodge?

The bus into Denali looked "difficult" is parts. Is it like like most of the trip? Dramamine worthy?

We are going to Katmai prior to our cruise which is out of Whittier. I see you opted for Wrangell and it looks like you did that post cruise. How did you get there?

Thanks in advance.

We went with Nova Charters on Matanuska, they were wonderful and only 4 of us on our hike. They have different levels of endurance. Our level I would say is moderate... you have to dig your feet firmly into the ice every step. I was definitely tired and done at the end of the day. We made this our first stop leaving Anchorage and headed to Talkeenta for the night.

I suffer from SEVERE motion sickness and I definitely wore a motion sickness patch for the bus ride and was happy I did... I would never miss that day, it was worth the anxiety... for a portion of the ride. No, it is not all that bad, but that footage makes better video ;p

We did Anan Creek Bears out of Ketchikan with Island Wings Charters... Michelle, Shona and Tim are the best.

Enjoy the land portion of your trip, I look forward to returning one day to simply drive the state in an RV, pulling over, opening a bottle of wine and taking in all that is Alaska!

We went with Nova Charters on Matanuska, they were wonderful and only 4 of us on our hike. They have different levels of endurance. Our level I would say is moderate... you have to dig your feet firmly into the ice every step. I was definitely tired and done at the end of the day. We made this our first stop leaving Anchorage and headed to Talkeenta for the night.

I suffer from SEVERE motion sickness and I definitely wore a motion sickness patch for the bus ride and was happy I did... I would never miss that day, it was worth the anxiety... for a portion of the ride. No, it is not all that bad, but that footage makes better video ;p

We did Anan Creek Bears out of Ketchikan with Island Wings Charters... Michelle, Shona and Tim are the best.

Enjoy the land portion of your trip, I look forward to returning one day to simply drive the state in an RV, pulling over, opening a bottle of wine and taking in all that is Alaska!

Thanks for all the additional info. I will definite take my Bonine before the trip into Denali.

I laughed when I saw where you stayed at Denali and Talkeetna. (I read your blog after posting this). We too are staying at small family run cabins, trying to avoid the cruisetour groups and enjoy the peace and quiet of Alaska.

We have flown with Michelle twice before and you are correct, she is wonderful. We have her booked again for this year for Misty Fjords and for extended glacier viewing. Even though it's a repeat for us (at least the Misty Fjords portion ) we are introducing our best friends to Alaska so we wanted to show them this spectacular area.

My husband teaches video production so I thought you might enjoy this travelogue. Thanks again for being so generous with your info. Alaska is the best.

What an incredible video and pictures! When I saw your lodging in Talkeetna and Denali, I had to chuckle. Those are the exact places that we were going to stay when we thought we would have time to see Denali post cruise. Instead, we're going to stay in Hatchers Pass and then several days in Seward at Seavey Ididaride Cabins. We thought we would trek Matanuska Glacier the day we disembark and then overnight in Hatchers Pass with a road trip the next day to Independence Mine and Talkeetna for ? jet boat tour. Before we head down to Seward we'll do some horseback riding at Alaska Horse Adventures along the Knik River. When I saw the Hobbit Cabin in Talkeetna on Airbnb, I was >< close to booking it, but our plans changed. It is just too cute though!

Thanks for the wonderful video and were pretty excited....81 days and counting!

Loved your video it was amazing, I felt like I was on tour with you guys! ThANKS so much for posting, so enjoyed it! Wish I had the time and the felt comfortable doing such a trip alone but I am on a cruise with a friend and I am but doing exciting tours for me with lots of hiking that I love and also taking the Michelle's float plane tour! Cant wait!