Conquest, Serenity deck confirmed for dry dock

Booogie27

They need to add umbrellas like Fantasy class ships have. I can't sit in direct sun.

The Serenity-like areas along the sides of Deck 10 on Conquest might have umbrellas; they definitely have an overhang which shades part of the deck. I wish I'd taken photos of those areas back in October, since there's been some interest in it since then.

Having a Serenity Deck added to a ship is a waste of space from my point of view. In all my cruises, I have never been able to take advantage of an Serenity Deck. Any time I have tried to go there, there were no available places to sit down, except the bar. And every time I went there, at least half of the sitting areas were occupied by flip flops, towels, a book, a hat, but no people. I refuse to get up at 5:00 am to rush up to the Serenity Deck to save a chair or multi-person sitting space with a piece of clothing or other junk so I can go back to it whenever I want throughout the course of the day. This area is available to such a small percentage of the guests that it is not worth putting it on ship.

I agree. I was on Conquest in the fall and found it easier to find quiet places to hang out than on usual ships with Serenity. I hope some of those spots will still be available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Serenity-like areas along the sides of Deck 10 on Conquest might have umbrellas; they definitely have an overhang which shades part of the deck. I wish I'd taken photos of those areas back in October, since there's been some interest in it since then.
No umbrellas in that area when we were there last June. All of the nice patio furniture was underneath the overhang, then they had the usual lounge chairs in the sun.

I agree. I was on Conquest in the fall and found it easier to find quiet places to hang out than on usual ships with Serenity. I hope some of those spots will still be available.
I wonder if there's a bit of a psychological factor at play. As we've been talking about, the serenity-like area on Conquest was always quiet and fairly empty our entire cruise. Yet others talk about how crowded the actual Serenity decks usually are. So maybe it's the fact that Serenity is officially off-limits to kids, a "special" area if you will, so everyone subconsciously thinks they need to be there. **Disclaimer: I'm not a real psychologist...I just play one on the internet.**

Would someone please provide a link that specifically says Conquest will be getting a Serenity deck, because I sure can't find it. The following is all I find, updated 3/28/17:

The following ships are scheduled for dry dock in 2017 and 2018.

Carnival Breeze dry dock: 4/16/17 - 4/29/17

• Routine hotel maintenance
  • Cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting
  • Alchemy Bar (will replace Plaza Bar at Ocean Plaza)
  • Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que (will replace Fat Jimmy's Seaside BBQ)

During all dry docks, vessels receive routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting. As additional details are confirmed, information will be updated below.

Carnival Elation dry dock: 8/31/17 - 9/27/17

Carnival Conquest dry dock: 9/30/17 - 10/13/17

Carnival Victory dry dock: 1/04/18 - 1/20/18

Carnival Fascination dry dock: 1/31/18 - 2/17/18

Carnival Paradise dry dock: 2/22/18 - 3/25/18

Carnival Legend dry dock: 5/01/18 - 5/14/18

Carnival Inspiration dry dock: 11/05/18 - 11/15/18

• 1 month later...
No umbrellas in that area when we were there last June. All of the nice patio furniture was underneath the overhang, then they had the usual lounge chairs in the sun.

I wonder if there's a bit of a psychological factor at play. As we've been talking about, the serenity-like area on Conquest was always quiet and fairly empty our entire cruise. Yet others talk about how crowded the actual Serenity decks usually are. So maybe it's the fact that Serenity is officially off-limits to kids, a "special" area if you will, so everyone subconsciously thinks they need to be there. **Disclaimer: I'm not a real psychologist...I just play one on the internet.**

I agree. Was on Conquest recently and that area was so nice to sit at! Despite being pretty small, I was always able to find a seat on the nicer furniture in that area.