Cunard QV - Milford Sound - Man overboard

It has just been reported that QV has sent out an SOS - man overboard in the Milford Sound - all pax - asked to remain in staterooms until further notice....hopefully they find the person asap..

False alarm. Nobody overboard. All Pax and crew accounted for.

Thanks for the updates. Good to know that all is well.....however, I think it will spark an inquiry , as that is a National Park and governed , as all National Parks are, by strict regulations. Ships should not allow anything to fall overboard in the area .

Thanks for the updates. Good to know that all is well.....however, I think it will spark an inquiry , as that is a National Park and governed , as all National Parks are, by strict regulations. Ships should not allow anything to fall overboard in the area .

I've cruised through there twice and it can get quite windy up on deck when the ship is moving through the sounds, especially in the afternoons. It's possible a passenger inadvertantly let an article of clothing blow away in the wind. If the wind caught it at just the right angle it would blow up over the railings and down into the water. There isn't much that a cruise ship can do about accidents like that, unless they insist that all passengers remain indoors or in glassed undercover areas during sounds transit - and that would cause a riot as the glass is usually tinted so photos aren't very good.