Sold out cabins

kenmyfam

Booked on NCL Epic on April 24 leaving out of Barcelona

Have been checking NCL website every few days to see how many balcony cabins are left (have bid in for upgrade)

As of last Sunday, website showed more than 75 available; now at 30 days out all balcony categories show sold out.

Is this possible or what else could be the reason? Maybe getting ready to do the upgrade process??

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

It seems to be the new standard operating procedure to move most higher cabin categories into "sold out" this early before sailing. The only possible explanation that I have seen for doing it so early is NCL doesn't want bidders to know how many cabins are left, possibly negatively affecting the bids. Plus now you have to try to remember what each category was selling for.

Assignment of "Guarantee" bookings could be the reason.

Hmm, possible in OP's case. But I don't ever recall seeing large blocks of rooms disappear like this in the past. Also, it is more commonly happening to suites and Haven categories which don't usually offer guarantees. It really seems to have become very common in the last month or two.

It seems to be the new standard operating procedure to move most higher cabin categories into "sold out" this early before sailing. The only possible explanation that I have seen for doing it so early is NCL doesn't want bidders to know how many cabins are left, possibly negatively affecting the bids. Plus now you have to try to remember what each category was selling for.

That wouldn't make much sense though, why mark up available cabins as "sold out"? Surely the purpose is to sell them and they aren't going to do that by not even making them available for purchase. I'd guess more likely the allocation of guaranteed cabins, or a glitch.