Eurodam--Upside Down and Backwards Cruise!

MaxeyMom

Thanks for the reports.

Are you sure on the Ketel One? Positive My wife drinks Ketel and soda with lime and it's $6.95, well under the limit. (We were on in December.) You're basically drinking Ketel up with a twist, shaken to chill - in a martini glass. This I am commiting to memory. I might be a Lush and drink straight Ketel One but I will not allow my reputation as a proper Southern Belle to be tarnished. The martini glass makes it all so polished.

The lack of vermouth means it's not really a martini. Heresy, young man. it is a martini beause I order a martini. But for a reduction in price I will yeild. It also means that you can order it like I just said and it will be $6.95. The $6.95 is your cost basis for the SBP. The drink rings up as $7.99 once the service charge is included, but the SBP eligibility is pre-service charge.

If you order the drink my special and magical way, you can have Stoli, Ketel, Absolut, or Grey Goose. Only Chopin and Belvedere are over the SBP limit.

Thanks for the tips

Last entry for this cruise

DAY SIX Sea Day

Today another entire day of meetings for me. We were a small group on board so not all groups create a problem with their huge size like I have read about recently.

In the “I have never done that” category, today I broke away from meetings for lunch in the Pinnacle. Lunch is offered usually on sea days. It is 10 well spent dollars! I think they have the best chocolate cake ever! It is served with coffee gelato and chocolate sauce. Oh my I so wish I could have another!

From the Navigator it looks like I missed some fun today. A movie, game show, and cooking show I think I would have enjoyed. You cannot do everything and after the meeting I was bushed. I enjoyed my verandah and a lovely room service meal from the Main Dining Room. Late night movies ended my day.

Nightly with the turn down service you receive a chocolate, but this cruise they sometimes were DARK chocolate. Yum. I do not eat milk chocolate so when the steward leaves them I just stack the pieces up on the bedside table. Also on this cruise after Gala Night instead of the regular chocolates I noticed a little box on the pillow. Inside were two delightful truffles from Le Belge Chocolatier. After an interent search I find they are from Napa, California. They were outstanding little treats.

DAY SEVEN Key West

The weather is finally warm and not so windy. Breakfast up in the Pinnacle is such a treat. It is one of the perks of a suite life I love. I ordered my regular breakfast with the super poached eggs they do so well on all HAL ships but then remembered the discussion about waffles here on CC a few months ago so I ordered another cappuccino and a waffle! Isn’t vacation GRAND. The waffle came hot and delicious. They are small round waffles that are so light and airy. Crisp on the outside and melt in your mouth. Wish I had another right now.

What did I do today? It is all a blur. Maybe tooo many cocktails. I remember my last yummy “Dive In” burger and visiting the shops in the evening.

My last dinner is always at the Tamarind and was delicious again. The service there is impeccable.

It was a wonderful and “learning” cruise due to my meeting.

HAL-EURODAM---BAD. The recent updating of the ships with interactive TV, etc. has helped but HAL must improve connectivity and internet service and speed if they want a younger tech-savvy crowd. Entertainment is not a strong point but the musicians on the Eurodam are much improved.

HAL-EURODAM---GOOD. The crew is outstanding. Always friendly and accommodating. The ship was incredibly clean and inviting. Neptune Suite hostesses are a cut above the rest. They can solve almost any problem. Food is tasty and plentiful. A delightful atmosphere for a recuperative vacation.

A word about the fresh flowers. I will enclose a few pics of the dramatic arrangements outside the Pinnacle and the main elevators. I am so glad HAL as kept the orchids on the tables in the Lido. I also so enjoy the flowers on the room service tray.

First for this cruise I NEVER left the ship and was NEVER bored. I could definitely live on a cruise ship if only I could bring my sweet puppy.

Hope everyone enjoys their next cruise.

1035915882_EurodamFlowers.jpg.0c9f20d23acf3e00a4aca304f5b3e6ef.jpg

Thanks again for sharing your review.

I did manage to see 2 pictures of your suite and one picture of flowers, too bad I missed the others, don't know why.

Glad you had a wonderful cruise.

Enjoy your time on a beautiful ship!

Thanks for the review. I learn things from these every time I read them.

I can see them when I bring up my posts.

Generally when this happens it means the link is pointing to your local storage (C: drive usually). I have had to upload pictures to shareable cloud services and then use the image address from there to post pics on CC. Used to be I could upload them to CC too but that has not worked for me since I returned from a couple year cruising absence.