Ropes course on Sunshine

momin05

A question for those who have done the ropes course on Sunshine. I think I have read there is an easy side and hard side. I have watched videos and I can't really tell which side is which. Each course seems to have some legs that are are easier and some harder. So my question is...can you switch sides when you get to a platform? In other words, can I start on one side, then when I get to the first platform, switch to the other side if the leg on the other side looks easier? I am not sure if my daughter is physically able to do the ropes course, but might have more of a chance if she can choose the easier leg of each course as she goes through it.

The harder side (left) has more ropes to scale verses boards etc. while I was on this course there was a young child with his grandfather who kept thinking they could switch sides, at one impassible point needless to say, the carnival employee needed to come and rescue the youngster in order to get him back to the platform. I would suggest doing the easy side first. You are actually at the same point in course as the difficult side throughout the course , so can see the difficulty without being stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wrote a review including our experience on the sky course (I'm sure there is a youtube video of my child freaking out somewhere out there). Unfortunately the interwebs seem to have eaten it before it could actually get published. There is a challenging side and a more challenging side. I think it's okay for an adult, assuming you're not also trying to drag a screaming child along, but for a 4ft tall kid, there are handles they won't be able to reach even on the easy side. It's not for the faint of heart.

No, even on the easy side, there are two places where they actually have nothing but rope to stand on. Also the ropes to balance on are well out of reach of some of the platforms. I saw a few really gutsy smaller kids (probably 7-9) just zooming across it, but it's definitely more for folks who are a bit older.

We were on the Sunshine 2x last year. We were very impressed with how well the staff worked with the children on the course. They went through the course with the kids giving tips and encouragement.

Impressive to see the satisfied looks on the faces of the kids as they finished,

We were on the Sunshine 2x last year. We were very impressed with how well the staff worked with the children on the course. They went through the course with the kids giving tips and encouragement.

Impressive to see the satisfied looks on the faces of the kids as they finished,

Aw, that is nice to hear. We are cruising over Easter break so with all the kids on board we will see if they can keep up! My daughter is 11 and 5 feet tall, but is is still in long term recovery from 3 major hip and foot surgeries last year. So her balance isn't that great. She can do a ropes course at our local play area, but it is much easier and has choices at each platform. We will see...she may not even want to do it. But at least now I can explain to her how it works. Thanks all!