Open Seating?

Relatively new cruiser here and I snookered some of our best friends into booking our cruise (I'm sure they are going to love it). We are sailing the Allure on May 14th. When they booked via phone they asked for MTD and were told they had it but on the reservation it says "open seating" is that the same as MTD? I think my reservations says MTD.

Thank you!!

Relatively new cruiser here and I snookered some of our best friends into booking our cruise (I'm sure they are going to love it). We are sailing the Allure on May 14th. When they booked via phone they asked for MTD and were told they had it but on the reservation it says "open seating" is that the same as MTD? I think my reservations says MTD.

Thank you!!

I would think it's the same thing. I'd check both reservations on Royal's website and see what each says. Also, you may want to each contact whoever booked your cruises and ask to be linked for dinner.

I would think it's the same thing. I'd check both reservations on Royal's website and see what each says. Also, you may want to each contact whoever booked your cruises and ask to be linked for dinner.

It does sound the same doesn't it? That was going to be my next move. If it let's me link their reservation with our dining reservation I'm guessing it's a non-issue.

Yes...it's the same thing...you go to the dining room when you're ready, within the open hours. You don't need to make reservations, but many do...up to you! You are seated with your own party, like in any land-based restaurant.

Had this problem on Oasis. I had MTD and I could make dining reservations but DW had open seating and could not. Since we had this booked through a TA they had to fix the open seating.