NCL ESCAPE drawer space?

bebberjean

Please Help!

I read some of the cabins on the Escape have nearly no drawer storage!

We are booked in room 12425, inside cabin. Can anyone tell me if this room has many drawers for storage or not?

Thanks for your help!

We were just on the Escape in 10170, a balcony stateroom. There were no drawers in our room. The closet had a lot of space for hanging clothes, and there were I think five shelves? A good portion of one was taken up by the safe. Then there were two cabinets with shelves in them, one was fairly deep and the other was pretty shallow. We had a room with a pull-down bunk. There were storage drawers under the couch, but they had the bedding for the bunk and couch bed in them...not sure what they would have in a room without the bunk?

Please Help!

I read some of the cabins on the Escape have nearly no drawer storage!

We are booked in room 12425, inside cabin. Can anyone tell me if this room has many drawers for storage or not?

Thanks for your help!

No real drawers. Shelves in closet.

We were just on the Escape in 10170, a balcony stateroom. There were no drawers in our room. The closet had a lot of space for hanging clothes, and there were I think five shelves? A good portion of one was taken up by the safe. Then there were two cabinets with shelves in them, one was fairly deep and the other was pretty shallow. We had a room with a pull-down bunk. There were storage drawers under the couch, but they had the bedding for the bunk and couch bed in them...not sure what they would have in a room without the bunk?

Hmmmm, shelves will work, prefer drawers!

Can't wait!!! :cool:

There have been several reviews saying the fold flat fabric cubes seems to be a 12"X12"X12" fit great on the closet shelves for underwear etc.

Wasn't sure no drawers was true in all cabins! We are in an inside cabin so if anyone doesn't have much storage, it would probably be us!!

Thanks for your advice on the cubes. May bring some IF there is any room in my luggage. Right now, not looking promising!!

Open shelves ... to be more precise. And, for the Insides, they aren't as deep. To keep things neat, I highly recommend the use of packing cubes (we used eBags & Eagle Creeks, also had some from Ikea - color coded so it's easy to cross-pack, unpack & repack ... and keep them neat & clean)

For the ones in the balcony, each of the open shelf inside the hanging closet are big enough to fit airline-sized 22" roller (and, it's content held ... used 2 med. 2 small & 1 slim packing cube) as seen here on its similar sister ship -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x27nyzvqk2rtixu/IMG20150323_1351%20%28600x%20800%29.jpg?dl=0

The shelves for the Insides looked like this and they are 1/2 as deep as the other, the top shelf is wide open - two of our 22" convertible carry-on went up there along with med. packing cubes, with room to spare, There are two add'l odd-shape slim shelves behind swing-out door panels on the side of the dresser/night table, next to the mini-refrigerator.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpd6aswc1hwzz7z/IMG20140329_BA-IS-Closet.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wk437px8gen3ic6/SDC10690.JPG?dl=0

The cube stool for sitting has storage, lift the seat cover (RS are know to "hide" or keep the contents of the mini-bar there, tied together inside a pillow case ...) use that for odds & ends, just remember to take them & repack before leaving the ship. Packing cubes also fit vertically on the slim end/night tables next to the bed - zipped up so the contents won't spill out.

NCL's Breakaway, Getaway & Escape are all pretty much designed alike, open shelves - nobody being penalized for booking Inside or even the mini-suites are treated the same. Layout & storage is compact, efficient and functional - all of the contents of this 22" convertible carry-on fit into one of those deep shelves ... amazing. Unzip to take out what's needed, everything else stay neat - some items prone to wrinkle hung on the wooden coat hangers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9m7r62f17de96r/DI2-IMG0359-Ebags%20TLS%20%28640x383%29.jpg?dl=0

• 3 months later...
Open shelves ... to be more precise. And, for the Insides, they aren't as deep. To keep things neat, I highly recommend the use of packing cubes (we used eBags & Eagle Creeks, also had some from Ikea - color coded so it's easy to cross-pack, unpack & repack ... and keep them neat & clean)

For the ones in the balcony, each of the open shelf inside the hanging closet are big enough to fit airline-sized 22" roller (and, it's content held ... used 2 med. 2 small & 1 slim packing cube) as seen here on its similar sister ship -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x27nyzvqk2rtixu/IMG20150323_1351%20%28600x%20800%29.jpg?dl=0

The shelves for the Insides looked like this and they are 1/2 as deep as the other, the top shelf is wide open - two of our 22" convertible carry-on went up there along with med. packing cubes, with room to spare, There are two add'l odd-shape slim shelves behind swing-out door panels on the side of the dresser/night table, next to the mini-refrigerator.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpd6aswc1hwzz7z/IMG20140329_BA-IS-Closet.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wk437px8gen3ic6/SDC10690.JPG?dl=0

The cube stool for sitting has storage, lift the seat cover (RS are know to "hide" or keep the contents of the mini-bar there, tied together inside a pillow case ...) use that for odds & ends, just remember to take them & repack before leaving the ship. Packing cubes also fit vertically on the slim end/night tables next to the bed - zipped up so the contents won't spill out.

NCL's Breakaway, Getaway & Escape are all pretty much designed alike, open shelves - nobody being penalized for booking Inside or even the mini-suites are treated the same. Layout & storage is compact, efficient and functional - all of the contents of this 22" convertible carry-on fit into one of those deep shelves ... amazing. Unzip to take out what's needed, everything else stay neat - some items prone to wrinkle hung on the wooden coat hangers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9m7r62f17de96r/DI2-IMG0359-Ebags%20TLS%20%28640x383%29.jpg?dl=0

hi there,

I looked at some pics and noticed drawers under the sofa. Do you know if any of the cabins you know about had them??

I'd appreciate any info you can provide.

Thanks

hi there, I looked at some pics and noticed drawers under the sofa. Do you know if any of the cabins you know about had them?? ...
If there is a full length sofa in the stateroom, like the balconies or mini-suites, or family oceanviews ("oversized") - then, they have 2 large drawers under the foam mattress/day bed's cushion for seating during the day ... one of the drawers typically hold the linens, pillows, sheets & duvets for the sofa bed, etc.

If you need to use that all that drawer space, inform your RS to move & store them elsewhere (when not used or needed for 3rd. or 4th. pax in the staterooms).

The "main" beds is elevated with at least 15" or 16" heights for keeping bigger 25" and 27" or even 29" rollerboards underneath the bed, slide them in & out to use it as storage for soiled clothing & other items.

Getaway, Breakaway & Escape are very similar, if not identical in terms of how they are generally setup in storage & closet space, etc. Enjoy !

For extra shelf space in our cabin for our upcoming Escape cruise, I just bought a 6-shelf (collapsible) hanging organizer by Mainstays at Wal-Mart. It has a durable Velcro fastener that fits over the closet rod. When folded, it is very compact and won't take up much suitcase space. After our recent Escape cruise, I decided we definitely needed more shelf space.

Edited by barb65
added a word