Ruby balcony C738 or B754

kdowneymd

we are currently booked in C738 for a 7 day Alaska cruise. B754 has become available for $200 more pp. For those who have cruised to Alaska on this or a comparable ship, do you think the extra balcony space or the views are markedly better. I completey understand the what it is worth to me financially. I just want to know are the views better, the balcony is noticeably larger on the deck plans. Is there an issue with ash? That happened to us in a similar cabin on the HAL Oosterdam

The balcony on C738 will be have covered and half uncovered - large balcony (approximately 5'x9' if I am not mistaken) and B754 has a fully covered balcony off the aft of the ship (balcony will be approximately the same size as C738). No really issues with ash as the balcony is fully covered by the Aloha deck aft cabins above. When in Glacier Bay, the Captain of the ship will normally rotate the ship around 360 degrees or more so you will be able to see all views from your balcony if that is where you will spending your time. Otherwise, the cabins will be virtually identical other than location (port vs aft). We have sailed in both locations on the ship and it basically ends up being personal choice - being on the aft of the ship with a view of the ship's wake at all times or on the port side with a full view of scenery on the port side. Personally, we choose Aft facing cabins whenever possible but I know others do not like this location of cabins.

The balcony on C738 will be have covered and half uncovered - large balcony (approximately 5'x9' if I am not mistaken)

Caribe deck balconies along the side of the ship are 9'x9'...

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

We have cruised to Alaska on Princess 3 times, and prefer the aft facing balcony for the 180 degree views, but as others have said, it is personal preference. We have not had any issues with the "jiggling" movement or loud noise- not sure if we are lucky or immune :confused:? Best of luck to you and enjoy your cruise- either way, the views IMHO, cannot be beat!