Food from the ship

We have seen the dogs in Cozumel many times. That being said, I always have gluten free pretzels in my bag when I get off the ship. I put them in a ziploc bag because I can't buy them in individual bags (not the brand I eat anyway) and have never had any of the dogs stop me with them. I do not trust any beach bar with having Celiac so I just take my gluten free snacks with me but they are not always pre packaged and sealed.

Maybe it is a no-no, but so far, in 10 yrs, I have not had a problem. But I never have fruit, just usually pretzels or something like that.

Yes I personally experienced this when trying to return to the breakaway with a partially eaten fish sandwich from the famous Arts Mel's in Bermuda -the security person scanned my bag & had me open it -indicated the trash can next to her & said I could not board with food -I had such plans of finishing that delicious sandwich on my balcony with a good drink -so I grabbed my sandwich back -and left the re-entry area & found a bench on the dock to finish that good sandwich-lol -wasn't about to throw that out

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did not know dogs dig bananas!:o

They also love strawberries and cantaloupe - the smell. Had my lab eat whole melon on back seat of my car - leaving only the seeds! Dogs come running when strawberries come out of the fridge.

I bring packaged snacks from home for my son. He is a teenager but he has some sensory issues and he is on the spectrum as they say. But that doesn't really matter. It is vacation for the kids too and I want them to be happy. I like that he had a snack for those times when he couldn't find something he liked to eat at a port-especially if we book an excursion that has lunch included. Oddly enough he ate very little on port days-but better safe than sorry. I brought things like single serve packages of chips, crackers, trail mix, protein bars, cereal etc. I also brought bottled water, juice, boxes and soda.