Food from the ship

we asked, and were allowed to bring coffee from Cafe Promenade off the ship.

I was surprised they let us, but said, "sure, go ahead"

here's proof from Roatan:

thumb_img_1368_8.jpg

thumb_img_1370_3.jpg

I gotta say I love that Tshirt!!

Why do you want too? Just interested?

We were on an excursion in Grand Cayman last year that started at 11:00 and went to about 3:00. No lunch included...entire time spent on a boat. They did have fresh fruit but that's all they offered. We bought chips and things from the gift shop onboard.

Just cruised with NCL to Mexico (Cozumel and Costa Maya), Roatan, and Belize . I can tell you that I never brought food off or on the ship but I do know that there were no dogs sniffing bags at any port. Our bags were not searched getting off the ship - but we did have to put them to be scanned coming in and also we did have to walk thru metal detectors coming onto ship. Before we were able

To leave the ship at each port - an announcement was made saying no live plants, or food/drinks could be brought back on board. On our "tours" and excursions, we passed some markets or "corner stores" that were in main shopping areas that looked like you could purchase candy, gum, bottled water, bags of chips, etc..so i don't know how anyone would even know if it were bought on island or taken off of ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on an excursion in Grand Cayman last year that started at 11:00 and went to about 3:00. No lunch included...entire time spent on a boat. They did have fresh fruit but that's all they offered. We bought chips and things from the gift shop onboard.

So that's where prepackaged items from home would have come in handy. I always have a few protein bars in my bag. Unless someone is diabetic I think they could go four hours without eating though.

Just cruised with NCL to Mexico (Cozumel and Costa Maya), Roatan, and Belize . I can tell you that I never brought food off or on the ship but I do know that there were no dogs sniffing bags at any port. ...

That's funny, we've been to Cozumel 3 times since last December, and each time there were dogs at the entrance to the port area sniffing bags. This was at the International Pier.

That's funny, we've been to Cozumel 3 times since last December, and each time there were dogs at the entrance to the port area sniffing bags. This was at the International Pier.

Same here. We have docked at both the International Pier and Puerta Maya in Cozumel several times each over the last several years (most recently last month) and the dogs have been there every time.

I'm sorry ... I'm not too familiar which cruise ship docks and where. I'm kind of new to this cruising thing (and I love it)..but I'll go back to minding my own business ... lol.

We can always use other observations. What you have seen seems to indicate that Cozumel is not consistent.

Why do you want too? Just interested?

If your on a beach in a good spot and don't want to go for a long walk a small snack can get you through. Nice to have if you only have 4-5 hours there. We are both weight loss surgery patients and some snack can get us through till we get back to the ship.

Costa maya they have sniffer dogs. Cozumel also has them and we weren't allowed to take coffee off in Cozumel. We were sat at cafe al baccio and after not getting any service I ordered from the counter and I was lectured that I must not take anything off the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So that's where prepackaged items from home would have come in handy. I always have a few protein bars in my bag. Unless someone is diabetic I think they could go four hours without eating though.

Thanks for that but we have children and I prefer not to hear them whine that they are hungry on vacation. If you don't want to bring snacks that's your perogative.

We have not taken any food off the ship In the past but we also have never noticed any dogs, either. I have thought about taking food off the ship but just haven't done so yet. Do the dogs magically appear when someone has food? I have thought about packing a sandwich in my bag, but so far have not done so.

Thanks for that but we have children and I prefer not to hear them whine that they are hungry on vacation. If you don't want to bring snacks that's your perogative.

So bring prepackaged snacks from home

Now you're making me think! We are bringing grandchildren (and their parents) next week and was thinking we would be able to take a banana or something for the toddler to tide him over till lunchtime but guess that's a no-no? Re-plan needed......:confused: Thanks OP for bringing this up!

You absolutely can't take any fruit off the ship. We bring bresjfast bars abd dried fruit and nut mix in small zip lock bags and never any issue getting it on or off ship. The dogs are looking for fresh fruit and especially bananas.

Cherie

Carnival Freedom 10/28/17 14 day Journeys Panama Canal

Carnival Dream 9/17/17 W. Caribbean

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas 4/29/17 Bermuda

Carnival Fantasy 2/26/17 Mexico

Carnival Fascination 12/10/16 S. Caribbean

Carnival Dream 9/25/16 W. Caribbean

Carnival Dream 1/24/16 E. Caribbean/Key West

Norwegian Sun 7/27/15 Alaska Cruisetour

Carnival Dream 3/15/15 W. Caribbean

Carnival Freedom 1/18/15. E. Caribbean

Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas-5/31/13 Dubai to Singapore

Carnival Conquest 2/17/13 W. Caribbean

Carnival Conquest 9/9/12 W. Caribbean

We used to take sandwiches from the Promenade Cafe on shore with us so we could have a picnic lunch. Can't do this anymore? It's been several years since we've cruise with Royal.

In most cases (and particularly in region's highly dependent upon agriculture -e.g., in the US - Hawaii and California) you could never do this - past/present/future.

Please note that this also goes both ways (coming/going) for all sorts of foodstuffs, and other natural items. And, yes, that means leave the foreign sand on the foreign beach. It's the hitchhiking microbes you can't see that can decimate a crop.

Just cruised with NCL to Mexico (Cozumel and Costa Maya), Roatan, and Belize . I can tell you that I never brought food off or on the ship but I do know that there were no dogs sniffing bags at any port. Our bags were not searched getting off the ship - but we did have to put them to be scanned coming in and also we did have to walk thru metal detectors coming onto ship. Before we were able

To leave the ship at each port - an announcement was made saying no live plants, or food/drinks could be brought back on board. On our "tours" and excursions, we passed some markets or "corner stores" that were in main shopping areas that looked like you could purchase candy, gum, bottled water, bags of chips, etc..so i don't know how anyone would even know if it were bought on island or taken off of ship.

We were just on Navigator of the Seas in mid February and there were dogs at the port in Cozumel. Our friend who was with us is petrified of dogs so it was a bit difficult...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app