Help with pre cruise Hotel in Norfolk

WeRockChalkKU

Anyone have input/info about a convenient/decent hotel for our precruise night in Norfolk? Of course my preference is one with free shuttle and continental breakfast -- and of course it has to be a great price.....I want it all!!!!!!!! Seriously, I've never been to this port town and need some advice. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Hopefully Norfolk Sailor can help you, he is from there. He is usually on the HAL boards, so I would post this there. I stayed at the Marriott which was great but with the group I was with we had a fully breakfast and transport but if you book by yourself you may not get that.

• 3 weeks later...

I am heading to Norfolk tomorrow and am booked at the Radisson. They are close to the pier and offer a reception the night before the cruise for any passengers staying there - that sounded like fun. It is 154 (plus tax) to stay and leave the car - they take you to the ship. I decided to stay there even though there are some pretty bad reviews of the hotel (but there are some good ones too). It just seemed too convenient. You can read about other peoples choices on a lot of the Maasdam Boards. But from what I can recall a lot of people stay at the Best Wester Holiday Sands or Holiday Inn Select - both about $100; park & stay and shuttle. They are a bit farther from the ship. There is also a Sheraton & Marriott right downtown but I think they are pretty pricey and may charge a lot for parking. Some also stay at Lake Wright, I think there is a Sleep Inn and Quality Suites there. Evidently more and more hotels are allowing you to leave the car and they will take you to the ship. You could always call a chain you are interested in and see if they will do that. I will let you know how our stay was when we return.

We stayed last year at the Radisson and loved it so much I wrote them a nice letter when we got back. The reception the night before was really great, good selection of wine, beer and soft drinks, crackers & cheese to nibble and it was great to meet people that would be on your ship. We kept running into people during the entire cruise, would sit and have coffee or a drink with them, it made the whole cruise experience more fun. The breakfast (included in the price) the next morning is a full buffet. As Virginiacruisin said, you leave your car there and take their shuttle to the pier and they'll pick you up on your return. We're going back there in February for our next cruise. It might be a little more expensive than some of the other hotels, but they're giving you a lot more, too. Anyway, happy cruising!

Archived