Best beach (with good snorkeling) with 7 & 4 yr old

Bobug

We will be in St Thomas next week (we have been there many times) on a cruise & want to go to a nice uncrowded beach.

Things to be factored into the decision:

We do not get into port until 11:00 (this is my biggest concern...therefore wouldn't mind a lesser known beach)

Our ship is sold out...one of the Spring break weeks.

We have a 7 and almost 4 yr old that will be with us.

Need shade, chairs

Good snorkeling

We don't mind an out of the way beach...as long as transportation is reasonable.

Thank you so much for any help you can give me!!

We have been to Sapphire, Coki (3 times) & Magen's Bay but all have been very crowded.

Trunk will probably be crowded, too, but if you haven't been to St John it's a beautiful beach. For some people, the transportation cost isn't reasonable compared to going to a St Thomas beach by taxi.

Coki beach has the best snorkeling right there by coral world, it is truly the best. The kids just need to stand in shallow water and the colorful fish are right there. Been there 20+ times and will be there again next week

Coki beach has the best snorkeling right there by coral world, it is truly the best. The kids just need to stand in shallow water and the colorful fish are right there. Been there 20+ times and will be there again next week

Coki gets very crowded when there are ships in port. It also is known for funny smelling cigarettes so expose children at your own risk.

Agree with Bill, with young kids Secret Harbor is a great choice, nice restaurant and facilities.

[EDIT] I'm surprised to read in your post that Sapphire was crowded for you, Secret Harbor (and especially Coki) will probably be a bit more crowded because they are in smaller bays. I know day visitors tend to huddle near the swimming section of Sapphire Beach by the dive center, but there are so many nice shaded spots to sit as well.