Do you Uber?

E23NK1

Took Lyft to and from Port Everglades last week. Very easy and fast. About $10 each way, plus tip. I thought it might be hard to get a Lyft to pick us up after the cruise, but it was easy. Just stood with the other private pickup people and requested a ride in the app. Car arrived in two minutes (despite seven ships unloading at the time).

One note: when entering Port Everglades, everyone must show ID, including the Lyft driver. Our driver was not able to produce a drivers license! All she had was a Venezuelan passport. She pretended not to speak English and the let her through.

We paid $8 for uber from 17th street hotel to PE a few weekends ago for our cruise. Leaving PE and going to the airport was $20 via uber which seemed high for a quick ride but I have no idea how that compares to a taxi fare. That day we left, there were crazy surge prices on uber though.

This was for (4) people in a minivan both times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our very first experience with Uber was going from Super 8 Dania (don't stay there) to Port Everglades. The hotel shuttle kept us waiting a hour and a half at FLL and the earliest they "might" depart the hotel was 12:30pm (wasn't going to hold my breath) so I decided to give Uber a try. Only problem with that trip was I wasn't expecting how quick they would come and we weren't ready, had to rush to get checked out. Lesson learned, don't call the ride until you are at the curb. Driver inbound recommended we call the driver after we schedule the pickup so as to better describe where we were. Great ride in. Driver inbound recommended we call the driver after we schedule the pickup so as to better describe where we were as apparently the gps can be a little off in the port. Upon departure only glitch was driver had never picked up there before so it took him a little time to find us but otherwise it was still a good trip. $9 + tip ($10, extra five for making driver wait even though he made no issue of it) from Super 8 to Port and $11+ tip ($5) from Port to FLL.

Effective Date: July 15th 2015 is right on top. Today's date is April 13 2017. Multiple policies has changed since.

I am sure you are telling us what is right, but I would expect Uber to have current/updated information posted on their site.

Professionalism suffers.

We tried Uber in PE. It was the first time we had tried it. My husband didn't realize that his phone was showing a different address as our location than where we actually were. We waited and waited.... finally my husband realized the mistake and contacted the driver to explain the situation. The driver was pretty rude and just said you weren't there. Didn't try to help at all.

After 40 minutes, we finally just took a taxi.

We will try again. We will just make sure GPS is showing the correct address next time![emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had great luck with Uber- from airport to Total Wine ( lol ) to port, etc--- cheap, clean and very efficient. Just FYI- they have to wait outside pier area until they get a ride, but then it only took a few minutes to get to pier 29

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
I found this sight very helpful in making my decision Whosdrivingyou.org I suggest anyone considering Uber or Lift should check it out.

That's funny, I was just going to comment and say that it's typical that taxi drivers dislike Uber. When you have a cleaner, nicer, cheaper, local and most of the time friendlier vehicle, someone is going to get in it. Then, there is a taxi.

I guess the same reason McDonalds and Burger King would hate Chick-Fil-A.