For those who have sailed Carnival Pride AND Granduer

Hi all, we have sailed many times with CCL, all but one on the Pride out of Baltimore. We are considering trying the Granduer. For those of you who have sailed both, what advice/info can you give us? We are 32 yo with a 9 yr old son. We love CCL and The Pride. With that little information, would you recommend we try RCCL and why/why not? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If your looking for a 7 day Bermuda out of Baltimore the Pride is your only option since the Grandeur is now doing 5 day Bermuda cruises.

Usually true but Grandeur has a 7 night Bermuda in April and one in October, 2018.

We have been on both ships. We went on the Pride with our grandson who was about 13 at the time. He absolutely loved Circle C. We primarily cruise with RCCL now and enjoy the Grandeur, but it seems like a more "mature" crowd. We haven't had any grandchildren go with us on the Grandeur, but there just doesn't seem to be as many children onboard ( but I've heard Holidays are different). Hopefully, someone can give you a better idea concerning the children's programs on the Grandeur. With that said--we have reservations October 2018 to Bermuda along with our daughter and her family (3 kids) on the Pride. But we would chose Grandeur for adults-only cruise.

I was just on Grandeur in January and honestly, I was a bit disappointed. The housekeeping was lacking and the ship needs some love. I know they are going into drydock but there was so much deferred maintenance I wonder how much they were going to do. The food was okay but I think Carnival's is better. Pride has been updated with Guy's and the burrito place. I have not been on her since the upgrade but I have been on sister ships and I like the layout and the ship class. The entertainment is better on RCCL, no question. My children always preferred the Carnival Kid's Club over the RCCL one. Bottom line, I was ready to get off Grandeur. It was a 12 day cruise but I have never been like that and I have been on a lot of cruises. Too bad we have we have that bridge and can't get some bigger ships in. Oh well, it is still nice to have a port so conveniently located.

I was just on Grandeur in January and honestly, I was a bit disappointed. The housekeeping was lacking and the ship needs some love. I know they are going into drydock but there was so much deferred maintenance I wonder how much they were going to do. The food was okay but I think Carnival's is better. Pride has been updated with Guy's and the burrito place. I have not been on her since the upgrade but I have been on sister ships and I like the layout and the ship class. The entertainment is better on RCCL, no question. My children always preferred the Carnival Kid's Club over the RCCL one. Bottom line, I was ready to get off Grandeur. It was a 12 day cruise but I have never been like that and I have been on a lot of cruises. Too bad we have we have that bridge and can't get some bigger ships in. Oh well, it is still nice to have a port so conveniently located.

Great info, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app