Favorite cozumel excursion/place to go

bobbismith

Mr Sanchos. Went there again last week. Make reservations early. They sold out of the all inclusive and didn't allow anyone in that didn't have one. They made the pay as you go side AI as well so there weren't any PAYG customers. Even with 6 or 7 ships in port, it wasn't crowded and service was excellent. No wait for taxis either way. It was the highlight of everyone's cruise.

How was the food there? Is it correct that the things floating in the aqua park are not included in the AI and are an extra charge?

I've been to Cozumel a bunch of times, but more recently have been hooked on Chankanaab! The past two cruises we've gone there and plan to again in September. We get off the ship early and take a taxi there ourselves; we're usually one of the first people there which gives us free roam to pick a palapa and chairs. This last time we brought our snorkel gear and also did a package of swimming with the dolphins and manatees. I think their packages are less than other places where I've swam with dolphins. I didn't expect much from the manatees but they actually turned out to be my favorite! I highly recommend going!

How was the food there? Is it correct that the things floating in the aqua park are not included in the AI and are an extra charge?

Food was great! Yes the aqua park is an extra $12pp. The kids had a blast and it was worth it. They also did the banana boat ride and parasailing.

Here's our list of our "excursions" we've done in Cozumel in the order of what we liked best!

1) Dune Buggies! (This was pre-hurricane when you went up the East coast - Fantastic day!)

2) Cozumel Bar Hop

3) Cozumel Bar Hop

4) Underwater personal subs (underwater scooters)

5) X-rails to Cavern

6) Catamaran Party sail

7) Nachi Cocum

8) Catamaran Snorkel Sail

There have been a couple other trips where we just bummed around town doing our own little bar hop. We always go to town (if there's time) after our tours. As you can see, we've done the Cozumel Bar Hop twice. Loved it both times. Because the Dune Buggy tour is no longer the same, I would rate the "current" list of tours available with the Bar Hop bus being #1. In June, we are going to be doing the Trike tour. We did this in Aruba in January and loved it. Hoping we enjoy it as much in Cozumel and it makes it to the top 5!

Thank you Mrsfuzzmo. I'm going with my wife and daughter in May. And the Barhop looks like a good time, but our ship arrives late noonish and leaves at 10 pm. Debating whether to take a private tour of the island with a little beach time. But I also like the idea of seeing different places and views. Just still not sure....

Thank you Mrsfuzzmo. I'm going with my wife and daughter in May. And the Barhop looks like a good time, but our ship arrives late noonish and leaves at 10 pm. Debating whether to take a private tour of the island with a little beach time. But I also like the idea of seeing different places and views. Just still not sure....

RIGUY the Cozumel Bar Hop usually builds their departure times around the ship schedules. Wouldn't hurt to ask. They very well may have one all set up for your late arrival time. :)