Getting from FLL to Port of Miami and back

pincak

Taking cruise on Celebrity Equinox June 18 out of Miami. Booked flight to FLL and debating whether to stay in Ft Lauderdale hotel with free airport shuttle and Uber or shuttle to port the next day, or Uber or shuttle to Miami hotel with free shuttle to port. Mostly boils down to traffic really. Our flight lands 2:30 pm on Saturday,June 17. What's best option for transportation post cruise from port to FLL? Not familiar with Port of Miami.

We are in the same situation for October. Ultimately, we've decided to stay in Ft Lauderdale for two nights and will be using Larry's Limos to transport us to the port of Miami. We realize we could Uber, too, but we've Chosen not to for this trip.

SAS shuttle will pick up at several hotels in the Ft Laud area and the cost is around $15 pp Our hotel is not on their list, however. There are other shuttles as well. We are just trying to avoid being on a shuttle for a prolonged period of time while going from hotel to hotel to fill the van. [emoji31]

http://www.ridesas.com

http://qualitylimoservice.com

Sent frm my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

I like to fly to FLL and take SAS shuttle from FLL airport hotels to PoM.

When you've taken SAS, did you have to go to several hotels to pick up other passengers or just make a couple stops? How large are the vans, 12, 16, 20 passengers max? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you've taken SAS, did you have to go to several hotels to pick up other passengers or just make a couple stops? How large are the vans, 12, 16, 20 passengers max? Thanks

If we spent significant time going to other hotels I don't remember being bothered by it. (I have, however, been the very last person dropped off at the airport on the way back. Might have been a function of which airline I was using and the fact that I never have early flights).

I can't imagine they hold more than about 12 people. They are usually black Mercedes vans with about four rows fitting three people each, if memory serves.

Jiffy Jeff is basically the same product.

Hotels in the FLL area are generally cheaper than comparable properties in Miami/Miami Beach. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist & hotel info

Choice is yours - uber from FLL to POM or downtown Miami hotels runs about $40 - you'll need another Uber or a taxi to get from your Miami hotel to POM

If we spent significant time going to other hotels I don't remember being bothered by it. (I have, however, been the very last person dropped off at the airport on the way back. Might have been a function of which airline I was using and the fact that I never have early flights).

I can't imagine they hold more than about 12 people. They are usually black Mercedes vans with about four rows fitting three people each, if memory serves.

Jiffy Jeff is basically the same product.

Thank you. Your reply is very helpful [emoji2]

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in Fort Lauderdale for a couple of days then got an über down. I got a shuttle back up because I had already booked it, the shuttle was completely fine but the über was great!

It was my first uber trip and I can't recommend using them enough. I've listed here how much each mode of transport cost and how long it took, I hope that helps! http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2017/01/07/fort-lauderdale-airport-to-the-port-of-miami/

:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums