Just back from Carnival Triumph - ask any questions you would like

zac226

I believe they change every 2 months, the assumption being that most people aren't on the same ship twice in 2 months

I believe the Dive-In Movies on deck change constantly; however according to our Fun Times on our March 27 cruise they were:

Day 1: "Comedy Night" Central Intelligence at 7:30 pm, Ghostbusters at 10:00 pm

Day 2: "Action & Adventure Night" The Magnificent Seven at 7:00 pm, Jason Bourne at 9:30 pm "Midnight Movie" Bad Moms at 12:00 am

Day 3: "Blockbuster Night" Suicide Squad at 7:30 pm, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them at 10:00 pm

Day 4: "Marvel Mania" Captain America: Civil War at 7:00 pm

Day 5: "Family Movie Time" Trolls at 7:30 pm, Moana at 9:30 pm

I believe they change every 2 months, the assumption being that most people aren't on the same ship twice in 2 months

They change part of the movie list every month. John Heald posts the list on Facebook for the upcoming month during the last week of every month.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

just back form a 5 day on the Triumph , visiting Progresso and Cozumel ( I think every ship always hits Cozumel) anyway if you have any questions, feel free to ask

Was this your first CCL cruise ? If not, how does the Triumph compare with any other CC cruise ships? We (my and I) have never sailed on her. We just did the Magic a couple of weeks ago, on a 7 day W. caribbean (which also included Cozumel) as you so rightly pointed out ! :). We have also booked a Xmas cruise on the Breeze, our first Xmas cruise, and are so excited ! Just wondered how the Triumph compared to any cruises you've taken ?

Thank you,

Mac

Thanks for this, me and my wife are taking our 1st cruise in July, for our 20th anniversary. Lots of great information here. I was especially curious about how the Dive In movies worked. I also wanted to ask, how much is there to do around the ports if you don't plan on taking any excursions? Just some light food/shopping? Are there any open public beaches near the ports, or is that not recommended?

Thanks!

Thanks for this, me and my wife are taking our 1st cruise in July, for our 20th anniversary. Lots of great information here. I was especially curious about how the Dive In movies worked. I also wanted to ask, how much is there to do around the ports if you don't plan on taking any excursions? Just some light food/shopping? Are there any open public beaches near the ports, or is that not recommended?

Thanks!

Dive In Movies are played on the Big screen every night, just show up and find you a place to sit and enjoy the show. Movie times will be listed in the Fun Times each day.

There is plenty to do in Cozumel, shopping at the pier and much, much more shopping a short taxi ride away downtown. There are plenty of beach clubs a short taxi ride away also, some are all inclusive, some require you to buy a set amount of food and drink.

Not much to see or do in Progreso with an excursion. There is some flea market shopping, an inexpensive double decker bus tour of town, or a beach. If you go to the public beach, be prepared to tell someone no every 3-5 minutes as all the locals have something go sell you.

just back form a 5 day on the Triumph , visiting Progresso and Cozumel ( I think every ship always hits Cozumel) anyway if you have any questions, feel free to ask

Hi,

My husband and I are sailing on June 19,2017 for our 1 year wedding anniversary and I just have a few questions if you dont mind.

1. Do they still have free lobster on Captain / Elegant Night?

2. Is the Chef's table the same night as Captain's / Elegant Night?

3. We have reserved a table for Chef's table. What do you wear?

Thank you so much for your help!!!!

Hi,

My husband and I are sailing on June 19,2017 for our 1 year wedding anniversary and I just have a few questions if you dont mind.

1. Do they still have free lobster on Captain / Elegant Night?

2. Is the Chef's table the same night as Captain's / Elegant Night?

3. We have reserved a table for Chef's table. What do you wear?

Thank you so much for your help!!!!

There is no free lobster on cruises 5 days or shorter.

[quote name=Kellek;52865351 I also wanted to ask' date=' how much is there to do around the ports if you don't plan on taking any excursions? Just some light food/shopping? Are there any open public beaches near the ports, or is that not recommended?

[/quote]

In Cozumel, there is a little shopping plaza right at the docks that is touristy but clean, cute, and easy to visit. There is a small white sand area there. I hesitate to call it a beach, as it is held up by a sea wall and you can't swim. However there are lounge chairs and it seemed like a comfy place to rest in between visiting the shops.

There were a couple of eateries right there that were popular - Three Amigos looks like your fun cantina kind of place, shaved ice stand, etc. You can people watch at this plaza or turn around and look out at the water. From this spot we were able to see the 3 similar Carnival ships that were docked and also we had a good view of the next pier over where Royal Caribbean had two ships. One was I think Rhapsody of the Seas. The other was the new sheriff in town, currently the world's largest cruise ship, the Harmony of the Seas with its signature Abyss purple slides. I have to confess a lot of us were in awe of that behemoth and I spent a good 5 minutes just staring at her. My daughter wanted to swim with dolphins but afterward we spent at least an hour at this area near the ship and I found the shopping to be good. . . Cinco Soles had a great variety of what you might consider "typical Mexico" souvenirs at midrange prices, and there were both lower-end general knickknack shops and high end jewelry, liquor, and other specialty boutiques.

There were various short performances going on in this plaza, people dressed up and doing Mayan-type dances and ceremonies, mariachi music, etc. All are buskers so look for the shell, gourd, hat or bucket to toss in the tips. Dollars and pesos are both accepted in the shops. I felt completely safe in this area. You are just a few feet away from the ship.

If you are not planning an excursion in Progreso I would recommend doing some research. Check out TripAdvisor and if there is something you want to visit it is probably worth taking a cab directly to your destination. You need to either take the long bus ride or a long cab ride just to get off the four mile pier. I really don't know about the town itself, as we did take an excursion to Uxmal with Lawson's so we had no time left over to check out the town. Our cab driver went the extra step to ensure we found our guide rather than just dropping us off to look lost and confused at the bus terminal.

I LOVE seafood but I see the seafood shack is "extra". How much extra are we talking?? And if you've had it was it good/worth the extra costs?

I want to say a lobster roll sandwich was about $12 and maybe the breaded, fried shrimp and clams were a bit less? Lobster and crab legs were listed as "Market price" so who knows? I only gave the menu a passing glance did not try anything and I never saw anyone else buy anything there either. Hard to justify paying when there is free pizza and soft-serve ice cream right next to it, and then also the Lido buffet, Guy's and BlueIguana just a short walk over.

Frankly I think this venue is going to struggle.

Was this your first CCL cruise ? If not, how does the Triumph compare with any other CC cruise ships? We (my and I) have never sailed on her. We just did the Magic a couple of weeks ago, on a 7 day W. caribbean (which also included Cozumel) as you so rightly pointed out ! :). We have also booked a Xmas cruise on the Breeze, our first Xmas cruise, and are so excited ! Just wondered how the Triumph compared to any cruises you've taken ?

Thank you,

Mac

This was our first Carnival cruise. In overall quality and value it compares with the Big Red Boat (Premier Cruise Line) trips I took back in the late '80's, more or less, considering that the ships are much larger and offer more amenities nowadays. But like the Premier ships in their day, it is a dated older ship for the budget crowd and provides excellent value if you are not real picky. Crew were better than Premier and equivalent to the crew and service I had with Disney and Celebrity in the late '90's/early aughts.

Last few questions I think. Are there still things in the spa free? What are the secret charges I should prepare for? We have all ready prepaid taxes and will continue to tip through out the week.

I read somewhere that the steam room / sauna is free. There are several spa and fitness based activities scheduled daily without any charge. Did not try any of it but on the first sea day here are some of the non-fee offerings from our Fun Times - cannot comment about what they actually did at these:

6am Early Morning Stretch

1015 am Seminar: Acupunture Intro

1045 am Seminar: Look 10 years younger

1115 am Seminar: Secrets to a flatter stomach

1pm Ladies Pamper Party

2pm Seminar: Improve Walking & Posture

315 Seminar: Arthritis and Back Pain

I am going on the Carnival Triumph May 13th and have Traditional dining at 6:00 pm. Can you recommend a table for 2? Thanks alot for this info.

We just got back yesterday and if you talk to them when you first get on board you might get lucky. We had YTD and switched to early dinning and got a table for the 2 of us

I am going on the Carnival Triumph May 13th and have Traditional dining at 6:00 pm. Can you recommend a table for 2? Thanks alot for this info.

We are leaving Saturday. I was able to call and all ready request a table for two. They didn't act like it would be a problem.

How is the basketball court setup? I've seen pictures and it looks like it's a half-court. Did it get pretty busy in there? We have two boys ages 14 and 12 and they love playing basketball - it's one of their favorite things to do on a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
How is the basketball court setup? I've seen pictures and it looks like it's a half-court. Did it get pretty busy in there? We have two boys ages 14 and 12 and they love playing basketball - it's one of their favorite things to do on a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's smaller than a half court. It is all netted in on one of the top decks so it is in a nice location. How often in your life can you play in the open sea breeze with an ocean view? I think it does get used but your kids should be able to get their time in as well. Everything on the top deck is pretty deserted around breakfast time, plus it's cooler then, so if they don't party too much with the other teens they might get their time in then.

We are leaving Saturday. I was able to call and all ready request a table for two. They didn't act like it would be a problem.

So now you are back and it's all in the history books. How did you enjoy the cruise? Did your husband feel comfortable in spite of the crowds? Did you get your table for 2? Did you get to do everything you wanted on the trip?

So now you are back and it's all in the history books. How did you enjoy the cruise? Did your husband feel comfortable in spite of the crowds? Did you get your table for 2? Did you get to do everything you wanted on the trip?

Yes we are hooked. We picked the best time to go. We never waitied in line for anything more than five min. We had the best waiters at dinner. Only complaint is the safety drill . I feel it could of been better organized, but I'm a very organized person so it may not be that big if deal to others . Yes we did get a table for 2. But the tables are so close to one another . We did really like the people we set next to. Very very nice. One thing we learned if u do not want to pay for excursions wait until the morning of and they have really good deals.

1: Jess from the US is the current cruise director on board and will be until September here is the interview we did with her:

YIUEvXOEEHs

2: Is there an Asian/Filipino band onboard? They are ALWAYS fantastic in my opinion...

YES and I have plenty of video of them, I will post that here soon

the triumph is a much smaller ship so there are less attractions to do but the crew works super hard to be more interactive and fun

You saw my favorite band Music Boardwalk. Cant waitto seek