Moana Characters on Disney Magic?

zenworks911

I haven't seen her on the ships. Elena either. But there is doc, Sofia and Jake, which she probably likes at her age. She will also enjoy the Wake Up with Disney Junior activity if they have that on the ship you're going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only place I've seen Moana is at EPCOT in the area that used to be "One Man's Dream." It is rumored that she will be moving to Magic Kingdom soon. I have never seen her on any of the ships so far.

That was Hollywood Studios, not EPCOT, and she was at the end of One Man's Dream as you walk through the exhibit.

I asked around and right now there are no plans for Moana on board. She's actually a very difficult character to cast apparently even at the parks. Maui is a fur class character so easier, but I doubt they would do just him.

We were on Magic last week. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Capt Hook & Mr Smee, Jake, Doc, and Sofia, Princess Gathering with Cinderella, Rapunzel, and Belle. Frozen Meet & Great with Elsa, Anna and Olaf.

Stitch, Jack Sparrow, Capt America, Thor and Spiderman were also there but we didn't meet them.

Did you hear why Moana is difficult to cast, by chance?

Like Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, and Elena, she's a character of a particular ethnicity, which limits the casting ability for performers who can look the part more effectively.

(And Elena is technically with the Princess lineup, not the Jr.'s, but while she may be appearing at WDW's Princess Hall, it's unlikely she'd be in the Atrium with Belle and Ariel.)

I haven't seen any Maui characters, though, even in the parks--Apart from movie promotions, do they have any, or was Disney too scared off from a suit character by the flap over the "tattoo" Halloween costume?

Yeah, that pretty much. And when you add in the ship tends to staff quite a bit from the non-US pool, makes it harder.

If there is demand, they will find the talent eventually, but it doesn't look the movie will have the legs Frozen did.

Like Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, and Elena, she's a character of a particular ethnicity, which limits the casting ability for performers who can look the part more effectively.

(And Elena is technically with the Princess lineup, not the Jr.'s, but while she may be appearing at WDW's Princess Hall, it's unlikely she'd be in the Atrium with Belle and Ariel.)

I haven't seen any Maui characters, though, even in the parks--Apart from movie promotions, do they have any, or was Disney too scared off from a suit character by the flap over the "tattoo" Halloween costume?

I'd love to see the coconut men. They'd be easy to cast, as they're not face characters.