aft balcony on Liberty

JPH814

I would appreciate suggestions on cabin numbers or decks where the balcony cabin on the Liberty faces aft. If anyone has stayed in one of these, I would like your comments. We are considering it for a Mediteranean cruise in July

Thanks

Joe

We had cabin 6485 & 6450 on the Liberty (Upper deck 6) loved the location and view. Both are considered 8A which means you get the extended balcony for the same rate as a regular 8A cabin. Deck 7 doesn't have the extened balconies on the stern cabins but deck 8 does. We didn't hear much noise on deck 6 other than the occasional karaoke which was not bad. Others we spoke to on deck 8 heard the Lido deck chairs being moved about.

Joe, are you sure that the aft balconies on level 7 are not extended balconies. We have 7448 booked as an extended balcony. I just called my PVP and she assured me that all the balconies on level 7 are extended. She even double checked for me. She said all the balconies on the aft of the ship are extended. I sure hope so. I have heard from other people, not on the Liberty that level 7 extended balconies were the best location. No noise and great views.

Thanks.

Looking at the Deck plans on the Carnival site, the main deck has 4 extended balconies and the Empress deck has only two. The extended decks on Empress look even longer.

That being said, 7434 and 7439 are the extended balconies, 7440 and 7445 are the wrap arounds.

I looked at the deck plans also on Carnival website. The PVP told me that all the back rooms, 7442 through 7447, were extended balconies. I know that does not show that, but she assured me they were. I sure hope she is right. The rooms look longer than the side rooms, so I am assuming the balcony is bigger than they look. Has anyone had a balcony room on the aft empress deck? Let me know.

ALL balconies onthe aft are extended. The corners wrap around the side so those are even bigger. On the Conquest class ships they are not stated at extended balconies as they are on the Spirit class ships.

Theaft balconies ARE bigger the the side ones. some side balconies are longer--look at the deck plans and check out 7434. Its longbut not as wide as the aft.

an aft on the Liberty--deck 7- between 2 decks of cabin space and not over or under public spaces

ALL balconies onthe aft are extended. The corners wrap around the side so those are even bigger. On the Conquest class ships they are not stated at extended balconies as they are on the Spirit class ships.

Theaft balconies ARE bigger the the side ones. some side balconies are longer--look at the deck plans and check out 7434. Its longbut not as wide as the aft.

Serene by extended to you mean deeper? Or are the rooms actually wider across the aft? I realize the deck plans aren't to scale. I'm confused.

the aft balconies will be as wide as the cabin but extended out. they are deeper.

the balconies on the side are narrow. here is 6481 (its one of the "L" shape cabins http://community.webshots.com/photo/430338192/430411403OEqdig

an an aft on the Destiny- http://community.webshots.com/photo/260530874/260530874kXkADX

Spirt class ships are not as extended out as the other class.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/283578778xGRsek

the whole aft- http://community.webshots.com/photo/93847874/93853128svWgyq

Bill Blasters,

We were just off the Liberty in September on the Med cruise and had cabins 7446 and 7448. They were just perfect! They are sandwiched between two decks of cabins so the rooms were quiet and the balconies are extended. In fact we had aft balconies on the Empress deck on the Pride last summer and compared to those, these are deeper. You will love it!

JPH814,

We absolutely loved this cruise and we absolutely loved having an aft balcony. We would order room service every morning and have our coffee while coming into the different ports and would be out there every evening when leaving port. The only port we didn't use it was coming into Venice. I would go back in a heartbeat! You can't go wrong with an aft cabin and especially on the Empress deck. If you would like to know anything else I'll be glad to answer.

Cindy

Archived