Freedom of the Seas Our New Favorite: Quick Review of March 26, 2017 Cruise

Here is a video walk though to help you decide. So jealous! Thanks for rubbing it in. :)

(Freedom)

(Liberty)

Same room different ship. Actually a 4 bedroom/4 bath apartment. Sweet suite!

Thanks, it is a gorgeous suite on both.

Freedom is my favorite ship and I will be back on it next year. I am wondering does Freedom still have Starbucks? There were some debate about this. I am wondering if the change coffee brand or if it is still Starbuck Coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I did not see a Starbucks. I had the Royal replenish package and got cafe mocha every day in Cafe a Promenade. I loved it! My husband who hates flavored coffee tasted it and liked it too. I'm very happy with Cafe Promenade items. Not sure coffee brand but it was quite good in my opinion.

We booked this cruise for our spring break in 2018. Got a great deal... so good I was starting to wonder since it was $200+/pp less than comparable itineraries. Thanks for the review... this helps put my mind at ease!

I find I have gotten some great deals during March also, surprising but I'm not complaining. 😊

I have been checking some of the March cruises. I like to keep eyes on it when new deal to see if I can upgrade it for little pay. I was shocked to see that it is almost sold out. There is no Suite left with 337 days to go. [emoji15] I did get awesome deal and sound like many did.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the trip report and great pics. A whole bunch of friends and I are accompanying her on her 14 night Transatlantic journey to Barcelona on April 23rd, but not in the suite you had. Guess I need to start thinking about packing.

Thanks for the trip report and great pics. A whole bunch of friends and I are accompanying her on her 14 night Transatlantic journey to Barcelona on April 23rd, but not in the suite you had. Guess I need to start thinking about packing.

Enjoy the journey. I hope to do a transatlantic one day.

Great to read good review. Have my first ever cruise on Freedom next month in the Med. Wondering about speciality dining on Freedom. How does costing work? Is it dependent on what meal you orders or a set price across the board? Is Sabor worth the money? Also do Sorrentos only do pizzas or do they do pasta dishes as well and if so are they any good?

Great to read good review. Have my first ever cruise on Freedom next month in the Med. Wondering about speciality dining on Freedom. How does costing work? Is it dependent on what meal you orders or a set price across the board? Is Sabor worth the money? Also do Sorrentos only do pizzas or do they do pasta dishes as well and if so are they any good?

Sabor is a fixed price. Chops is also a fixed cost, but extra cost for certain premium entrees.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this review! I am contemplating booking the Presidential Family Suite for 9 of us. There will be myself, my husband, son (4), daughter (8), 2 sets of grandparents and one great grandparent. All family. Your review is helping us make our decision as the cost will be about $250 more per person for this room instead of regular balcony rooms. Thought with the experience of getting to stay in this room it sounds worth it.

I just booked this same Suite (now known as the Villa Suite) on Freedom in April 2019. Question, is the mini fridge and mini bar on the deck complimentary like the same suite on Oasis class ships?

I just booked this same Suite (now known as the Villa Suite) on Freedom in April 2019. Question, is the mini fridge and mini bar on the deck complimentary like the same suite on Oasis class ships?

No, suite perks on Freedom class are different from Oasis/Quantum class.

We were also on the same cruise as you with our 3 grand children and DD and DSIL. Agree with you fully how wonderful it was. Loved the cigar lounge! We liked it so much we booked 11/17 cruise!

Where is the Cigar Bar located? My husband will be so excited to hear this.

Walk outside deck 5 and head towards the front of the ship.

Unless you are walking outside from from door in the starboard side of the forward lounge, I think you mean deck 4.

Unless you are walking outside from from door in the starboard side of the forward lounge, I think you mean deck 4.

So it can only be accessed on starboard side of deck five but on deck four i just go on deck and walk to the front of ship?

So it can only be accessed on starboard side of deck five but on deck four i just go on deck and walk to the front of ship?

Yes, go outside on deck 4, walk forward as far as possible until you come to stairs. Take the stairs up to deck 5, continue walking forward (if on the starboard side you will pass the door to the lounge mentioned above) until you reach a short set of stairs to the helicopter pad.

Yes, go outside on deck 4, walk forward as far as possible until you come to stairs. Take the stairs up to deck 5, continue walking forward (if on the starboard side you will pass the door to the lounge mentioned above) until you reach a short set of stairs to the helicopter pad.

Thanks Bob

No need to go outside. Go to level 5 and go forward through the Promenade shops. Connoissers Club is on right side. If you enter the Star Lounge you went too far! Had FOS booked for Nov. this year but changed to Allure. Sure will miss the CC.

Yes thanks for the correction but any door on 4 and up the stairs.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, we are booked April 21, 2019 for this suite..l