Cruise Virgins Here Needing Any and All Advice

lashladyadri

Wow, didn't think my advice would be so controversial. I just mentioned it as I find the buffet a madhouse as so many people hang a round there waiting for their cabin to become available and I prefer to eat in the dining room (or specialty restaurant) and be served.
Don't worry, it wasn't your advice that was controversial. It you prefer to avoid the buffet crowds, there's nothing wrong with that. Nor is there anything wrong with kindly advising others that it's an option. What's so wrong is the fact that some long-time cruisers can't help but insult anyone who's just starting out just because they're inexperienced cruisers who may do things differently. Internet courage, I suppose, because I doubt they dare talk to those people on board in the same manner they do here.

Don't worry, it wasn't your advice that was controversial. It you prefer to avoid the buffet crowds, there's nothing wrong with that. Nor is there anything wrong with kindly advising others that it's an option. What's so wrong is the fact that some long-time cruisers can't help but insult anyone who's just starting out just because they're inexperienced cruisers who may do things differently. Internet courage, I suppose, because I doubt they dare talk to those people on board in the same manner they do here.

No worries,

I think sometimes posts are done with some humour, sarcasm or cynicism or all seriousness but none of which really get picked up in text. Especially if an appropriate emoticon is missing.

I have a word of caution to add to the people who say pack the same as you would for a land vaca. I made that mistake on my first cruise. My land vacations tend to be beach vacations, which means swim suit and cover-up and bare feet all day; then back to the room to change into shorts and a t-shirt to order pizza and drink beer and call it a day. Somehow before our first cruise it escaped me how much there would be to do in the interior of the ship and in the evenings when you'd want to be wearing real clothes, and to be dressed up a little. I thought it was all lounging on deck and poolside all day and grab a bite to eat from time to time at the buffet. I'm kind of glad I was wrong because when the cruise ended I knew I had to have a redo to correct my mistakes. And 5 cruises later I'm beginning to get things right.