The HUB chat app only worked for part of our family for part of the time

Carleeb12

I won't say it was completely useless as it did sometimes work and was useful. However, it was just extremely unreliable. Sometimes the messages would come through hours or days later. We were in a group of 40 and some people would receive some texts and not others, while others never got any from the group. Anyway, the reviews on iTunes are in fact correct. I hope it evolves to be something great, because it really is useful when it does work, but for now, it definitely leaves much to be desired.

The chat feature worked for us about 1/3 of the time on the Valor in September. They refunded our $5 charges and told us to continue using the feature for the duration of the cruise. We tried and it still worked about 1/3 of the time.

As to the hub app itself, I found it to be a failure, at least for me. I can't completely remember if the MDR menus were supposed to be on it. I think they were. I found they weren't complete...in many cases it would list only apps, or only desserts. That could have been the cabin tv. I'm old and my memory sucks. One thing that absolutely did not work for me was the Fun Times. It would list the activity and time, but would not tell me where it would be held.

We cruise in September again. I'll give the app another chance and try both features again.

For us, it appeared that the chat feature worked if you were in the app, but the instant chat notifications only worked about half the time if the phone was locked
I've read a lot of reports along those same lines. It makes sense; depending on the device, backgrounding an app could make the app eligible to be shut down, and locking the device might background running apps.