New to Princess - so far so good, not even on board yet!

Britcruzer15

Hi

Really impressed with Princess Pre-Cruise customer service, firstly Pricing - searching for a 4 berth cabin for peak summer hols 4mths out from cruising is hard enough especially ex UK. so we lucked out when checking princess website as they had a 4 berth inside available, and at half the price RCI or P&O wanted for similar cruises - Booked. all good and really happy.

Last week I had a notification that the prices had dropped, so checked again and yes they had but no 4 berth availability! so nothing doing for us. got another price drop mail, and checked again, could not believe that there was a four berth, higher grade and better position than ours. the price had dropped by a third!. So I booked it and then rang to cancel our existing booking and even with losing the deposit, we were in a much better position financially. got the cancellation notice through and it said no charge! - I thought surely some mistake but no - the money is in the bank this morning!.

so the cruise is now costing about 30% of what P&O want for the same cruise, same day departure.

would never have had this from P&O!,

Also have extended family on the cruise and have dealt directly with Princess on the Phone 3 or 4 times, and even got them a very cheap upsell.

and to boot due to our P&O cruise history we get Platinum status on Princess!.

I must be dreaming

Roll on July

If we were outside of the final payment date we have always been able to cancel and re-book the same cabin at the new fare without loosing the deposit. Something to remember for the future. If inside final payment date things become a little fuzzier.

ive never had this as an option on P&O - cancel - lose deposit from the day you book! , price drop - tough luck.

just check the P&O forum for lots of threads from early bookers!.

thrilled with the service and customer led approach from Princess

If we were outside of the final payment date we have always been able to cancel and re-book the same cabin at the new fare without loosing the deposit. Something to remember for the future. If inside final payment date things become a little fuzzier.

OP is in the UK, they operate by a different set of rules then the US from what I understand.

Glad the OP was able to pull this off.

Welcome to Princess! Congratulations on your price reduction & Platinum status.

We're UK based and prior to final payment have successfully re-fared just by calling Princess and asking. No need to cancel & rebook, same cabin - better price. They confirmed price reduction, new balance,etc via email.

On this years TA, managed to get a significant price drop without losing included AIBP (though I was prepared to loose it for the savings we'd still have made) - Bonus!! [emoji483][emoji484][emoji898]

I personally wouldn't think about it after final payment as I figure that's it, I've paid now and it's time to start the real countdown! I know they might do special deals to fill cabins, so don't even look [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome to Princess! Congratulations on your price reduction & Platinum status.

We're UK based and prior to final payment have successfully re-fared just by calling Princess and asking. No need to cancel & rebook, same cabin - better price. They confirmed price reduction, new balance,etc via email.

On this years TA, managed to get a significant price drop without losing included AIBP (though I was prepared to loose it for the savings we'd still have made) - Bonus!! [emoji483][emoji484][emoji898]

I personally wouldn't think about it after final payment as I figure that's it, I've paid now and it's time to start the real countdown! I know they might do special deals to fill cabins, so don't even look [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is a great deal!

so used to the restrictive policies of P&O.

Princess have really wowed me - good 1/2pricing, amazing 3/4pricing for peak summer school hols, choose your cabin and dining. if the price drops, thats ok too, cancel and rebook , no loss of deposit. cheap upsell for my in laws inside to prem balcony for £50pp! for a 2wk cruise. cheap kids drinks package!., excursions reserved and paid once on board! Nice ship (ok not the newest but far from the oldest) great med itinery.