Can I carry on frozen cans of juice?

manmtnmike

Never had this come up before...

I was asked if a pax can bring on juice concentrate, frozen, to mix in a 1.5 qt. container for mixers when buying from alcohol from BV.

They can't get their fav juice on board, and thought this was a good way...

Of course, they would probably have to mix it asap upon arrival to cabin.

Anyone else do this with always changing rules??

Thanks

Mike

Ask on the Carnival fb page. If they say yes, take a screenshot of the post with their answer to show if they give you a problem at the security check in. I don't think it would be a problem. I got permission to bring a glass bottle of sparkling grape juice instead of champagne. As long as it conforms to their size requirement (12 FL Oz or less per container- can or carton or 750mL or smaller glass bottle) it shouldn't be a problem. They are more concerned with people bringing plastic water bottles because people try to sneak liquor on board in them. Cans of juice or lemonade are allowed, I can't see why frozen concentrate would be different

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

It will NOT be "frozen" by the time you get to your cabin. Why not just bring some canned juices? You can get ice twice daily in your cabin.

My guess is they are looking for the concentrated aspect. One 12 oz of can will make 48 oz of juice.

No idea if it's allowed, but not sure I see the point. Unless you plan on bringing several pitchers onboard, you realistically could only bring one... no place to keep spares refrigerated; no place to keep a pitcher of juice cold... would think regular canned juice would work much better

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Something like this juice concentrate comes in a 11.5 oz can, and at first glance, it looks like a can of juice drink, but it's a concentrate. If you had a few of these cans, in your desired flavours, mixed in with other cans of soda, to get you to a 12 pack, it would probably breeze right thru.

https://www.stockupexpress.com/welch-s-100-grape-juice-concentrate.html?

no place to keep a pitcher of juice cold
As long as you have a mini fridge, you can remove the wire shelf to fit bigger containers. That's what we did with our sports bottles that were too tall with the shelf in place. Actually, I think the shelf can be adjusted a notch or two. But yeah, keeping spare concentrate frozen is a whole other problem.

As long as you have a mini fridge, you can remove the wire shelf to fit bigger containers. That's what we did with our sports bottles that were too tall with the shelf in place. Actually, I think the shelf can be adjusted a notch or two. But yeah, keeping spare concentrate frozen is a whole other problem.

But unless you bring several containers or large empty water bottles you're NOT going to get the juice into the cooler (these are coolers folks not mini frigs like for a dorm room). No freezers. Cans will start to unfreeze as you leave the vehicle and enter the cruise terminal. They will be soft and slushy at best by the time you reach your cabin. You'll have to mix these right away or dump them. Your cabin steward may bring you ice but given the other duties it could be an hour or more before he/she gets back to you.

Is a particular brand/flavor that important to you that if it's not available in concentrated cans, you'll have a bad cruise? Won't be able to enjoy your BV beverage?