Black Falcon Embarkation

bonzo10803

Show up when your group is together. Priority Boarding starts around 11:15. General boarding around 11:30. They sort you into holding areas based on your status. Try to get your group together.

We showed up around 10:15 to avoid the crowds at security and check in.

When we boarded last June, they were checking docs to confirm check in times. Make sure check in times are the same for all of you. I don't believe the fact that your reservations are linked actually matters at check in.

No check in times for Boston....

Where did they enforce check in time for you? Was it NCL? I went out of NY in November and not one person was checked to confirm they had the appropriate check in time (and NY on the Breakaway should be one of those places to enforce)

Also, OP...... make sure to check Massport's website because they have changed the open air parking lot location from where it was last year. The change to the website happened about a month ago.

https://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/

No check in times for Boston....

Where did they enforce check in time for you? Was it NCL? I went out of NY in November and not one person was checked to confirm they had the appropriate check in time (and NY on the Breakaway should be one of those places to enforce)

Also, OP...... make sure to check Massport's website because they have changed the open air parking lot location from where it was last year. The change to the website happened about a month ago.

https://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/

I hate being called a liar!

There may not have been check in times when you cruised, but there certainly was when we boarded the Dawn out of Boston on June 17, 2016. And they were checking the boarding times printed on the eDocs.

I just looked at our eDocs for next month and they show:

THE TIME YOU HAVE SELECTED TO ARRIVE AT THE PIER

They originally had a time listed (I think 12:00 is what I had selected) but it changed to OPEN when we upgraded to a suite.

Edited by phoenix1181

Weird, I'm going May 5 and MyNCL and eDocs have no check in time

Only reference to a time:

"Boarding begins at 12:00 pm"

I don't hint at calling people anything..... I will flat out call you a liar if I felt that you were lying...... I have my eDocs in front of me and MyNCL open and no where does it say there is a staggered check-in time assigned. I simply asked where it was and confirming it was NCL because other lines use Black Falcon..... that being said...... I will say you are a tad uptight and overly defensive when someone asks for clarification....but not saying you're lying

Edited by esm54687

Correct.... mine does not... and I'm only in an Aft Balcony not a Suite. Guest Details has no verbiage that indicate a staggered check-in...... I've cruised on the Breakaway out of NY so I'm familiar with what you are referring to....

You also and enjoy that upgrade

I'm sure we will but we were forced into it. We were booked in a mini but DH is getting old & had a fall. He's okay but the tub in the mini is high & a bit difficult to get into & out of so I decided our best bet was to change to a cabin with a shower. Since we were past final payment, I had to upgrade.........

It also gave us enough room so I could get him a scooter. I think I may try to move to an accessible cabin for our next cruise if the scooter works out. The suites are too pricey for our budget.

Update as of this morning 4/19 all five reservation now have the arrival time option. As of yesterday the option was still not available. I had emailed NCL customer service and the 'intercruises' company who handle the check in process at Black Falcon regarding this issue earlier this week