Did somebody did The behind the scenes tour ?

quaker77

On Escape we could have done this, to see behind the closed doors. It was 79$ and this was a visit to see all the action that we don't see.

Someone did that? And was it worth the extra $$ ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G925W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

We did the behind the scenes tour on the Getaway last September. It was the same price and we both loved it. We saw the kitchens, laundry and the garbage disposal area. We also went through what they call I5, which is the long hallway that goes the entire length of the ship for crew access to everything. I am actually thinking about doing it when we go on the Epic in October, but we will only have one day at sea.

I have done this on a few ships, they are all basically the same; the highlight is visiting the Bridge, but not all tours include this.

I always find the tours very interesting and kind of worth it; of course you wish it were a little cheaper, but it is an interesting experience.

Keep in mind you are walking/standing for 2-3 hours; you will be taking some crew staircases that are narrow and steeper than your average stairs, but of course there are handrails.

It's an interesting tour, usually held on a sea day toward the end of your cruise.

If you haven't done it and this kind of thing interests you, I would do it.

We did it on Epic in January. While we thought the cost was a bit high afterward we both felt it was worth it. Ours included a souvenir photo taken in one of the kitchens. I'm one of those people who prefers days at sea to ports so I don't think I would do it again, simply for that reason.

Hard to say how much a tour like this is "worth" objectively, but the price is so high because they normally only do one tour per cruise, so there are only 12 or so spots available. Even if the majority of folks on board would not dream of paying that much, they can usually fill the tour up anyway with people who have a particular interest, and who can spare the money.

On the large ships, they run multiple tours on multiple days. They open more tours as they fill up.

Unfortunately, they discontinued the bridge tours after the Paris terrorist attacks. And they began having ships security personnel on every tour making sure no one strays from the tour route.

On the large ships, they run multiple tours on multiple days. They open more tours as they fill up.

Unfortunately, they discontinued the bridge tours after the Paris terrorist attacks. And they began having ships security personnel on every tour making sure no one strays from the tour route.

We agree with this post. We've done several behind the scene tours on different cruise lines... after awhile you never see anything really new. We don't plan to do another one for several years. Hopefully by then we can see some new technology and different things.

We miss the bridge tour part. That was always one of our favorites.

We thought it was informative, interesting, and reasonably priced. Bring closed toe shoes. If you haven't done it and you are at all interested in seeing stuff behind the curtain, then go for it. With that said, once you do one, you've done them all (in my opinion).

Edited by Son of a son of a ...
cleaning up my grammer ��