Getting the sale price on the Cruise Planner

Sailing on Liberty 5/14-5/21, very excited!

My question I guess is in regards to customer service...

A few months ago I had the refreshment package in my cruise planner "cart" for the sale price of $18 per day. I went to pay the following day and the price, including the one that was already in my cart, had raised to $26.

I have contacted RCI about my concern, which is unfair in my opinion, and have gotten zero help. They just say that $26 is the new price. They aren't honoring anything, or offering any sort of help. I don't think that is fair at all. As a loyal RCI cruiser, I feel as though we should be treated better.

Does anyone have any advice how to possibly get that lower price? Discounts? Anything?!

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like when you added it to your cart it was on sale but you did not actually purchase it at that time (i.e. Did not put in your credit card info to complete the purchase). The sale ended and the price updated in your cart. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to get the previous sale price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... Does anyone have any advice how to possibly get that lower price? Discounts? Anything? ...

Keep watching your cruise planner, if the price goes back down, you can cancel and reorder.

A few months ago I had the refreshment package in my cruise planner "cart" for the sale price of $18 per day. I went to pay the following day and the price, including the one that was already in my cart, had raised to $26.

I have contacted RCI about my concern, which is unfair in my opinion, and have gotten zero help. They just say that $26 is the new price. They aren't honoring anything, or offering any sort of help. I don't think that is fair at all. As a loyal RCI cruiser, I feel as though we should be treated better.

Does anyone have any advice how to possibly get that lower price? Discounts? Anything?!

Thanks in advance!

As mentioned, earlier...sounds like the sale price ended before you paid, and sadly it means you can no longer get it at that price. Just because you had it in your cart, doesn't mean that the sale is final until you put your payment in and get confirmation of the order. These discounts come and go and can be changed without any notice. Sorry that you missed out, but you might get the opportunity again....just not this time.

Although it doesn't seem fair to you, it's the same as other sales. It's the same as if the price went down. You wouldn't want to pay the full price that was applicable the day before instead of the lower price, would you?

I have learned that if I see a price that looks good, I need to pay for it now or take a chance and possibly not get that price. It is a hard lesson to learn, but I think Royal Caribbean is right in not granting you the sale price.

It may come up again though, who knows?

Thanks in advance!

I will tell you that on my last cruise for about 4 hours 1 morning RCL offered an ultimate package plus voom for only $12 more than the ultimate package by it's self for a 7 day cruise. I snapped it up around 9 am and told my friends on the cruise about it. By noon it was gone. There are literally flash sales and you have to get them while they are offered. If the price is good don't wait, it won't last.