H.A. McKinley Chalet Resort to Denali Shuttle Question

John Bean

We will be staying at the H.A. McKinley Chalet Resort in late May and will be going on the 6 to 7 hour Toklat Shoulder Season Tour 52 miles into Denali Park. Our H. A. Itinerary indicates we will be departing between 6 am and 7 am. Therefore we should be returning to the Resort between noon and 2 pm +/-.

My question is; as the tour in the park is ending, can you get off the tour bus at the Denali Visitor Center instead of riding it back to the Resort and then using the free shuttle to go back to the Visitor Center?

We are hoping to attend the Denali Park free Dog Sled demo at 2 PM but you must be at the Visitor Center by 1:15 pm to board the shuttle to the demo.

My question is; as the tour in the park is ending, can you get off the tour bus at the Denali Visitor Center instead of riding it back to the Resort and then using the free shuttle to go back to the Visitor Center?

We are hoping to attend the Denali Park free Dog Sled demo at 2 PM but you must be at the Visitor Center by 1:15 pm to board the shuttle to the demo.

We did both in one day but I can't remember the logistics. The dog sled demo is great - we were even able to pet the dogs. The ones not chosen for that day's demo were so disappointed :(

If I remember correctly, you board and are discharged from the bus at the visitor center at the top of the hill. The tundra tour is awesome. Sit on the left side of the bus for best viewing. We left at 8am, and did not return till 5pm. Hope this is helpful.