Beach hotel recommendations

Tntlpn

Cruising out of Ft Lauderdale in November. We are coming in the day before and would like to have a beach day since we arrive early in the morning.

We are not picky but would prefer ocean front hotel reasonably priced, worn is ok but want it clean of course and within walking distance of restaurants.

I'm thinking I would prefer a boardwalk so Hollywood area but not set on that.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Look at Doubletree Bahia Mar. The most moderate priced beach hotel in a good location across the street ( over the road walkway) from the beach, walking distance to restaurants and stores for last min. items. Book a room in the tower for full or partial ocean views.

Not sure what you consider "reasonably" priced. Date will determine rates.

Hollywood has some small motel type spots near the broadwalk.

Edited by eandj

If your date should be the first weekend in the November nothing will be 'reasonably priced' because that is the International Boat Show weekend and hotel rooms will sell out (I've heard that some hotels already have) and they will be charging top dollar. In that case, look at Hollywood for more reasonable rates.

In Ft Lauderdale an "oceanfront" hotel will actually be across the street from the ocean. There are no buildings directly on the beach in the Strip area. If you truly want to walk right out onto the sand without having to dodge traffic on A1A then the Hollywood Broadwalk area may be better. (And note that it is a "broadwalk" and not a "boardwalk" as it is not an elevated path, just a walking route on the beach with small storefront shops and bars--mostly intact from a quite earlier era of beach vacationing--facing it)

Yep nov 4 and I've seen done that say no availability which surprised me since it's so early

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So...your "reasonably" priced hotel during boat show week ....not so much. Good luck. Certainly I wouldn't wait to book something.

Look at Lauderdale by the Sea, just north of Fort Lauderdale. There are a number of beachfront motels/hotels as well as across the street from the beach. Restaurants and shops are all within walking distance. 20 minutes for FLL and Port Everglades.

We stay at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale by the beach. Just cross the street and there's the beach. Also nice shops and also place to eat right at the back of the hotel. Bubba Gump's and right down from it is a nice deli with good breakfast the morning be cruise and also good deli sandwiches.