best cave tubing company?

HoustonRose

:D http://www.cave-tubing.com is who we went with and Yhony was great. I had forgot where he said to meet him and when we arrived at the terminal, I walked through to the other side (many people there trying to offer excursions), I finally asked for Yhony by name. Another person offered the following "oh yes, he is famous - you will find him over there in the blue shirt (pointing). She was right! This outfit is first class and very customer oriented! Would recommend and use again!

jpcruiser

Thanks for all the reviews, I decided to go with Major Tom and his group. He was quick to respond to all my needs and queshton's. I have not seen many negative reviews so I feel that most of the major cave tube tour operators do a wonderfull job. Thanks again for everyones review, it really helped. I hope when I get back I can give Major Tom a good review, we will see.

can anyone tell me why the names of some of the cave tubing companies appear as ************* only? thanks meg

I don't know I have been asking this on other boards for days....

They only seem to be allowing certain companies names to appear...I thought they weren't supposed to be bias on these threads...It is really annoying.... Tom ***** is like the head of the Cruise tourism for Belize and he also owns the original cave tubing company there... he also puts together other tours if you pre-arrange it with him

I recommend only the best....

b e l i z e c a v e t u b i n g . n e t

If they do this *****crap again to my posts....

ANYONE can email me at cruisephotos@gmail.com and I would be happy you give you his info....

People have always given reviews based on who they went with and at what price....I have never seen ********* this junk before!

• 4 years later...

Has anyone heard of guides who offer private, advanced, or small groups?

We don't mind paying extra, but I go to take nature photos and would prefer

to get photos without the chain of 12 other tourist all packed together into one big group of rafts.

RubyPrincess437a.jpg

I Just did the Cavetubing and Ziplining combo tour with http://www.ncqadventuretours.com/ and Nacho and Cynthia were great. They had a nice van and Nacho gave a good tour on the way to the hills. They stayed with your belongings as you went ziplining and cavetubing. after you were done with both there was a nice all you can eat buffet that was really good. Great people and easy to work with.. :D

Thanks! That's just the sort of information I was looking for. I'm debating between NCQ and Jacquar Paw. We really aren't interested in zip lining (did that in Costa Rica) but looking for a relatively uncrowded and unrushed experience in the caves.

Our family of 6 just did the zipline / cavetubing excursion with Nacho & Cynthia (NCQ adventures) at the end of July. It was great! The drive to the zipline and cavetubing went by very fast as Nacho had lots of interesting facts about Belize. Had lots of fun and it was nice being in a small group (just the 6 of us) for both the zipline and cavetube. Nacho and Cynthia were there waiting for us when the adventure was over and we had a very good lunch. They got us back to the cruise ship terminal in plenty of time to shop before taking the tender back to the ship. Very nice people! I wouldn't hestitate to book with them.

Thanks for all the reviews, I decided to go with Major Tom and his group. He was quick to respond to all my needs and queshton's. I have not seen many negative reviews so I feel that most of the major cave tube tour operators do a wonderfull job. Thanks again for everyones review, it really helped. I hope when I get back I can give Major Tom a good review, we will see.

You will definitely not be disappointed with Major/Minor Tom.

We used them last month and they were phenominal. We were there right after a Tropical Storm Alex hit and the river was rather high and fast. Rather than have a 25 minute excursion as some others here described, we did two seperate cave systems and went bluff jumping into the river when we had finished. Of course not everyone jumped, but those who wanted were able to. It was great.

Our 14 year old son and 6 year old daughter were with us and they loved it. Mogley hooked his innertube directly to our daughter just to be sure she was safe, but there were no issues at all. She even jumped off the bluff...several times.

They taught us about the history of the island sang songs on the bus ride and taught us all about the jungle on the trek to the river. Some of us even ate termites...minty. lol

I cannot recommend Major/Minor Tom highly enough.

Great choice. You're going to have a blast! :)

Thanks! That's just the sort of information I was looking for. I'm debating between NCQ and Jacquar Paw. We really aren't interested in zip lining (did that in Costa Rica) but looking for a relatively uncrowded and unrushed experience in the caves.

you want ncq then.. no rush only a few people and you can watch everyone else in there huge groups rush passed you :p

you want ncq then.. no rush only a few people and you can watch everyone else in there huge groups rush passed you :p

on their website ncq says that the tour would return to port at 5pm but my ship's scheduled to depart at 5pm (which means the last tender would be at 4?)

I'm also looking for a good cave tubing company for maybe 6-10 people? I've read some really good things about Jaguar Paws until the management changed. Has anyone had any recent experiences with them? There are members of my group who really isn't interested/ isn't physically able to walk an hour and Jaguar Paws seems to avoid that. I've also looked at cave-tubing.com and their groups can get quite large... help? :confused:

Has anyone heard of guides who offer private, advanced, or small groups?

We don't mind paying extra, but I go to take nature photos and would prefer

to get photos without the chain of 12 other tourist all packed together into one big group of rafts.

RubyPrincess437a.jpg

Major tom will take you in private groups. I contacted him when we couldn't decide which tour to do and he offered it at the normal price (we wanted both ruins and cave tubing) and he offered it for the normal price of $85 if we had 4 or more in our group.

on their website ncq says that the tour would return to port at 5pm but my ship's scheduled to depart at 5pm (which means the last tender would be at 4?)

I'm also looking for a good cave tubing company for maybe 6-10 people? I've read some really good things about Jaguar Paws until the management changed. Has anyone had any recent experiences with them? There are members of my group who really isn't interested/ isn't physically able to walk an hour and Jaguar Paws seems to avoid that. I've also looked at cave-tubing.com and their groups can get quite large... help? :confused:

email major tom at .net and he will probably be willing to take you in your group of 6-10. I believe that their groups are in smaller vans, so the groups aren't large anyway. Not sure how to get aroud walking, but if there is a way, I'm willing to bet that he'd try to help you figure it out. He was very helpful to me when I had lots of questions.

3 years ago we went to Belize via a Carnival Cruise. I researched online for different tour operators and found Major Tom. At first I was hesitant to book a tour that wasn't through the cruise line but decided to try it, and since Major Tom required no deposit and I had the option to pay in cash THE DAY OF the tour.... what did I have to lose?

It was just my 9 year old daughter and I along with a few others and we were met as soon as we got off of the ship. Major Tom was there to arrange everything and got 2 vans there right away and off we went. Guides were informative and FUN for the drive to the caves Branch. I never felt uneasy and was put at ease right from the start. Even my daughter who was a little scared eventually was able to relax when she saw everyone having such fun.

You don't have to worry about getting back on time for the cruise... you will! They have back ups set in case of any scenario! So don't watch your watch and enjoy every second you have in Belize!!

Last year we returned to Belize and wanted to try something different,,, to make this short... I booked a different tour going to a different cave with a different operator (MISTAKE)... had to but a deposit down ... got there and NO GUIDE, no one met us... we waited for 3 hours and made several phone calls and still no guide and no tour! DISAPPOINTMENT and I thought all was lost for the day..... then.......

MAJOR TOM WALKED RIGHT BY US AND ASKED WHO WE WERE WAITING FOR... I quickly explained what happened... he gave us his cell phone to call again and demanded our refund and MAJOR TOM took us for the cave tubing tour with what little cash we had (less than what he charges).....he saved the day and the entire trip. Totally redeemed Belize for us!!! ( we did get our deposit refunded to our credit card)

This year we are going back to Belize and are using MAJOR TOM with no questions in our minds. We won't do anything else unless he recommends it!!

NO WORRIES!! YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!

Archived