best cave tubing company?

HoustonRose

just returned from 9/4/2010 carnival dream cruise. i cannot say enough positive things about jaguar paws resort. i am so glad we took the "50% deposit" chance (other posts were very negative about this). first of all, as soon as we arrived in belize, they were herding all the cruisers to various excursions in droves. our instructions were to walk outside the gates and two blocks to the radisson resort. you could see the large sign for it at the port. this was our first time in belize with a 10 yr old and we were a little nervous. as we exited the port gates a number of people were approaching us for taxis, etc. but all we said was "radisson resort - jaguar paws" and they simply pointed us in the two block direction to get there and left us alone. as soon as we arrived to the parking lot of the radisson there was a driver there waiting for us. we travelled in a nice a/c van along with one other couple from ga. we had a nice drive to the countryside to the resort. it is definitely closer to the drop off point than other tours. we had a very short walk to the entrance of the caves. no exersion at all. a guide was with us the whole time, from the moment of arrival until departure. after the tubing, we had a wonderful meal at the restaurant (with a/c) located right there. by the way, we were virtually alone at the caves, arriving prior to the massive amount of buses from other tours. it was very peaceful. our guide even let us float freely and not leg locked. WHAT A GREAT DAY!

no other tour company will offer more personal service than jaguar paws, how can they, our group just had 4 adults and one child!

The cave tubing sounds interesting. In the past, however, when I tubed I was thrown out of my tube and hit some rocks when going through some rapids. Is there a chance of this happening here? Or is the water very calm. Someone has posted a picture where the water looks very churned up.

We went with Yhonny and his employees in April 2009. It was an awesome experience from start to finish. They truly understand customer service, and will do anything possible to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable time. We were so impressed with them that we are going to repeat the experience during our upcoming April 2011 cruise.

The only other independant tour operator that we have been this impressed with is Victor Bodden (www.boddentours.com) in Roatan.

People like Victor, Yhonny, and Sonny Liston (St. Thomas) are a big part of why we enjoy cruising so much.

Do your research, and be careful, but IMHO the independant tour operators generally offer a better experience for a much better price.

The cave tubing sounds interesting. In the past, however, when I tubed I was thrown out of my tube and hit some rocks when going through some rapids. Is there a chance of this happening here? Or is the water very calm. Someone has posted a picture where the water looks very churned up.

I think it depends on the season. We were there in April, which is the "Dry Season" there. THe water was very calm and shallow. So much so that our guide literally had to drag our group (Myself, DW, DD,DS and FIL) through some of the shallower parts of the caves. In comparison, some of the folks on other tours were forced to walk and carry the tubes through those same sections.

Has anyone used Vitalino (or dot bz) for cave tubing tour???? We considering this tour and he has boat loads of positive reviews on TA. Haven't found anything on CC yet about him. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Our family did a tour with Vitalino in August. I am just finishing up a VERY LONG review of our Carnival Legend cruise and have a lot of information and photos from our day in Belize. Here is the link to the review: Carnival Legend Review with Photos. (The Belize portion of the review starts on page 8 in case you don't want to go through the whole thing.)

Based on our experience I can highly recommend Vitalino's tour. We had a guide just for our family of 7 and loved the small group and personal attention. The tour also included a stop at Vito's sister's house for lunch...all included in the cost of $45/person.

Take a look at my review and if you still have any questions, I would be happy to answer!

I don't think you can go wrong with Vito!

Our family did a tour with Vitalino in August. I am just finishing up a VERY LONG review of our Carnival Legend cruise and have a lot of information and photos from our day in Belize. Here is the link to the review: Carnival Legend Review with Photos. (The Belize portion of the review starts on page 8 in case you don't want to go through the whole thing.)

Based on our experience I can highly recommend Vitalino's tour. We had a guide just for our family of 7 and loved the small group and personal attention. The tour also included a stop at Vito's sister's house for lunch...all included in the cost of $45/person.

Take a look at my review and if you still have any questions, I would be happy to answer!

I don't think you can go wrong with Vito!

I just spent an hour reading through your review of Belize and Roatan as well. Not only have you helped me make up my mind about Vito, but Victor Bodden as well for Roatan. I loved all your pictures and comments. Thanks for sharing!

• 3 weeks later...

After reading through this post, it almost seems that it doesn't matter which tour company you hire. If you live to tell about it, your experience is a good one.

Tell me this, though, is there an advantage to booking in advance, or is it just as good to book at the port?

With so many posts, I still have a question on this.

We want to go with a smaller group or just our family. We CANNOT tube with our legs/arms wrapped due to a paralyzed shoulder with one of the participants. Who do you feel will be the best accomodating company? Also, no major 40 minute walks? I'm thinking JaguarPaws but am definitely still confused!:confused:

Thanks in advance!!

Ali

I was so looking forward to cave tubing with this company until.... I was on vacation the week of the 10th in October on our 1st cruise and honeymoon. I understand its hurricane season and we were taking our chances...yes there was a hurricane and we missed out on 3 of our 4 ports. ( Carnival took us to Jamaica) (It was the best day of the week too) We had cave tubing booked in Belize with Major Tom and now I'm getting the run around about getting our money back. It wasn't our fault the ship didn't go to port! If you decide to do this excursion don't pay in advance! You may be waiting to get the money back like us!!

• 2 years later...
How much is the cave tubing for 2? How do i get a price?

Thanks for your help

Andy

I...Errrr, Um... This thread was started 8 years ago. I'm sure you found it by searching the forums. You might want to look at some more updated threads. There are plenty of people to chose from (others than what was mentioned on here). So the price and what you get with the tour will vary. Find someone you are interested in and go to their website and you can find the pricing.

We have used cavetubing . bz twice now and loved them. :) You can find 2 reviews in my signature link if you are interested in pictures as well.

Archived