Mistake made by Personal cruise agent.

nimiq

what 'exactly' didn't your PVP do, that you couldn't have done yourself to get the $150 OBC?

We were planning to cruise with a friend who wasn't sure about the whole idea. My question for the agent was whether we could do a BVE, which would allow friend to see a ship (not the one we were planing to cruise) and get a bit of a feel for how things work. I also planned to purchase a future cruise certificate for each of us while on board since I'd used all that I was holding. The future cruise certificate would have resulted in the OBC.

I honestly don't know if we could have booked a BVE, but we were all within a few miles of the port and it would have been a nice day.....and getting the FCC would have been great. OBC would have been $50 pp.

A lot of posters on this thread talk about making a claim against the travel agents E&O policy.

They believe E&O is to make the customer happy and compensate them for feeling bad.

In this case, the OP is advised to make claim against the travel agent for an error against their friends account.

And even after Princess made it right by giving them an Alaska cruise instead, some here believe that the E&O policy will buy them a med cruise.

SORRY PEOPLE- you have been misinformed . An insurance policy will pay a court judgment that you get against the agent/agency.

The insurance policy will also defend the agent against the claim in court.

The insurance company may choose to settle out of court if it is to their financial advantage.

Assume a 15% commission you are asking the travel agency to give you an all expense paid med cruise when they may have made $300

on the transaction.

You can only sue to be made whole. If your friend lost the deposit due to negligence of the travel agent the friend would have a claim for the deposit lost, not for the cruise lost.

The OP is not out anything and excited Princesses offer to change to an Alaska cruise . There is no further financial obligation from the travel agent.

when you book receive the 2 cruise tickets (passenger copy)?, do they charge in your CC 2 deposits, or 2 full fares?

do you check your bookings online?

Here what happen to me, we book Celebrity Silhouette B2B with a TA, and the 2 deposits were credited to one cruise, so they removed the hold only to one cruise. I monitor my bookings online and noted this why this continues on hold, I call my TA and she calls Celebrity. asking why this is on hold if it's payed? The answer was Sorry we make a mistake the fix is done.

Learning from this experience: if traveling with family or friends, delegate that each party be responsible for their own bookings & payments. Too much naive or careless reliance on some one else doing the work. Any traveler knows that one has to check dates, seat assignments, Gates, stateroom locations, deposits, due dates. Period.

Lesson to be learned...best to make final payment days before the actual due date. Then you have time to check your cruise personalizer to see that it has been finalized. And if not showing paid in full by the next day (mine always show within the hour) call your TA or cruiseline for explanation. Sorry you have experienced this issue!

Trust me we did learned our lesson and all went according to plan on our last cruise in November.

Just a quick recap for those who do not want to go thorough all this thread we had a fantastic time on our Alaskan cruise. Loved it so much will be planning an other in the near future.

Thanks all

Sea ya

Eric

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums