Nerd some rebooking advice

I have two cabins on board oasis in July that I booked from next cruise while on liberty. With the current sale going on I could potentially save $400 from rebooking both cabins plus get an additional $200 obc. I'm worried about the following:

-I already bought the sip and stream package with the help of obc and don't want to lose it.

-will RCI immediately refund my initial purchase to repurchase the rooms as I won't have enough room on my credit card to hold the new reservations.

-will I run into problems doing this outside of business hours?

I'm really concerned about losing my reservations from a screw up and not sure if the extra $ is worth the risk so any advice thanks!

Edit: I just realized the post says nerd instead of need :eek::eek:

If you booked under US/Canadian rules, you should not have to "rebook" to get a price drop and/or take advantage of new perks. Don't use the word "cancel" when you contact RC.

If you booked under US/Canadian rules, you should not have to "rebook" to get a price drop and/or take advantage of new perks. Don't use the word "cancel" when you contact RC.

Thanks. Dont say "cancel". Would "refund the difference" be appropriate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks. Dont say "cancel". Would "refund the difference" be appropriate?

I would say "adjust my price". However, as mentioned above, if you are past the cruise final payment date, there are no adjustments given.

I´m happy to be corrected, but a cruise booked in Jan 2017 would be past final payment date now.

So I would say the OP is out of luck here. In case cancelling and re-booking would still be cheaper, all Reservations made would be lost and had to be re-booked. The payment of the cruise would be due immediately and the refund would take some days at least.

I'm am past my final payment date. Oh well that saves me the anxiety of not wanting to become one of the horror stories I read about in this board. Thanks for the help!

Check prices on higher cabin categories. If something higher is cheaper, is the price you paid or has a small increase that you're willing to pay, you can upgrade even if you are past final payment.

Edited by KelJ
typo

Check prices on higher cabin categories. If something higher is cheaper, is the price you paid or has a small increase that you're willing to pay, you can upgrade even if you are past final payment.

Thanks for the advice Kelly I'll look into that. Its slightly more complicated as I have minor children in the other cabin and need to keep them next store or across the hall.