Worth it to call NCL for an Upgrade "Deal" ?

tgloersen

A month ago I called upsell and they said call back three days before departure.

I called back and upgraded from an inside to a balcony for 300.00 on a 20 day cruise on the star. Good deal I say.

Sent from my A1R using Forums mobile app

Were you able to know which balcony cabin they were assigning you or did you have to take any BX? Kinda worries me not knowing where I could end up...near a loud area, etc. Also, I booked thru Expedia ... would I work thru them or call NCL to try to upgrade from my assigned interior? Sailing on the Sun in Alaska.

When you bid (as opposed to upsell) you will be assigned a cabin in the category on which you bid. You do not have the options n of refusing it or changing it. this is spelled out clearly in the letter you receive inviting you to bid. Yes, you could get a bad cabin, but if that is a real concern of yours, then you would be better off booking the cabin you want. Nothing wrong with knowing exactly what you want and getting it.

So you can still call the upsell number for he Breakaway?

I don't now when your cruise is but you should get an email and a notice under messages on your ncl.com page that says lets get you upgraded. The Breakaway doesn't do the upgrades via the upsell number anymore.

That was nasty of her. Ignore the last thing that she said to you. I'd start calling again within thirty days, and then once a week until you get a deal you want.

You're suppose to call 2 weeks prior to your cruise. And I seriously doubt that the agent was "nasty". It's a small office and talked to most everyone at one point in time. Never had any other than professionalism

You're suppose to call 2 weeks prior to your cruise. And I seriously doubt that the agent was "nasty". It's a small office and talked to most everyone at one point in time. Never had any other than professionalism

Well, she was nasty. Not sure why I would come on here and lie about something like that. Doesn't benefit me in anyway. And I'm not the only one that had that experience. I've never cruised NCL before and didn't know when a call should be made.

Bidding and calling for an upgrade are to different things. Maybe people are confusing the two.

Sent from my A1R using Forums mobile app

I would say you are correct. This past Friday, I was able to call and upgrade us for our Alaska cruise. I noticed that the prices had dropped. We went from a covered balcony(a cove balcony) to a mini suite and we are still paying less than we would have paid for the cove balcony. The upgrade was painless and the invoice came via email immediately. We are still about 2 weeks from final payment, also.