Train from Schiphol to Amsterdam Centraal

Does anyone know how much it costs to take the train from the airport to Amsterdam Centraal station? I keep seeing different prices online. My understanding is that the GVB day passes that can be used for public transit within Amsterdam is not valid on the train to/from the airport. Is that correct? Thanks!

Does anyone know how much it costs to take the train from the airport to Amsterdam Centraal station? I keep seeing different prices online. My understanding is that the GVB day passes that can be used for public transit within Amsterdam is not valid on the train to/from the airport. Is that correct? Thanks!

According to their website its 7.50 euro per person. We arrive on 5/17 and we're taking the train to centeral station and then walking to our hotel which is right next to the station.

Teanne

Not sure where Teanne got her number but the rail website still quotes the price as 4.2€ one way. It will cost another 1€ for the rail card so trip is essentially 5.2€. This is a quick 15-20 min run with multiple trains per hour so no need to prebook.

My understanding is that the GVB day passes that can be used for public transit within Amsterdam is not valid on the train to/from the airport. Is that correct? Thanks!

Correct.

There's an Amsterdam Travel Ticket, less known and 16 Euro each for a 1 day which includes Amsterdam and to and from Schiphol though. But not sure that's what you've seen?

https://www.ns.nl/producten/en/overige-kaartjes/p/amsterdam-travel-ticket

Depending on your travel plans that ticket or separate tickets for each (NS (Dutch rail) and GVB) might suit you.

Correct.

There's an Amsterdam Travel Ticket, less known and 16 Euro each for a 1 day which includes Amsterdam and to and from Schiphol though. But not sure that's what you've seen?

https://www.ns.nl/producten/en/overige-kaartjes/p/amsterdam-travel-ticket

Depending on your travel plans that ticket or separate tickets for each (NS (Dutch rail) and GVB) might suit you.

Thanks! That's actually a different one than I saw, which was the Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket that includes transportation to some areas outside Amsterdam such as Volendam or Zaanse Schans. If the train from the airport is €4.20 as someone else stated, it seems it would be cheaper to buy that and then pick up a 1 day GVB pass for €7.50 than to pay €16 for the Amsterdam Travel Ticket.

Thanks! That's actually a different one than I saw, which was the Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket that includes transportation to some areas outside Amsterdam such as Volendam or Zaanse Schans. If the train from the airport is €4.20 as someone else stated, it seems it would be cheaper to buy that and then pick up a 1 day GVB pass for €7.50 than to pay €16 for the Amsterdam Travel Ticket.

I paid 4.20 E for Centraal Station for my hubby and I on 4/28/17, and 50 E for the return trip by taxi on 5/5/17.