Help needed Quantum from Shanghai

You have lots of great suggestions for hotels and transport so the one thing I would add is check out the Blue Frog restaurant/bar/grill in the Shanghai Center. The best burgers we have ever had. They also have wide menu of other western foods that really looked good but for us, at the end of a 3 week trip through Asia the burgers were just heaven. Oh, We stayed an the Hotel Metropol Jingjang YMCA right near the Shanghai Center, across from the People Park, short walk to the Shanghai Museum and about a 10-15 minute walk to the right down the road. The price was really good, around $100 per night and the rooms were quite nice and our price included breakfast. A taxi to the airport cost us about $30 and that was a whole lot easier than taking suite cases on trains....

• 2 weeks later...

I agree taxi to the airport is easy and around $30. But a taxi to the mag lev station and a ticket on the mag lev train is a total of around $20 and you get to go on one of only three magnetic levitation trains in the world! 431 Kmh 30km to the airport non stop takes 7 mins 20 seconds. Amazing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree taxi to the airport is easy and around $30. But a taxi to the mag lev station and a ticket on the mag lev train is a total of around $20 and you get to go on one of only three magnetic levitation trains in the world! 431 Kmh 30km to the airport non stop takes 7 mins 20 seconds. Amazing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On our last visit to Shanghai we took the Maglev to the airport and enjoyed the experience. Since then we have tried the Shinkansen in Japan and while it was fast and convenient it didn't come close to the Maglev. Seeing the speed indicator move up to 400+ KPH was surreal.

On our last visit to Shanghai we took the Maglev to the airport and enjoyed the experience. Since then we have tried the Shinkansen in Japan and while it was fast and convenient it didn't come close to the Maglev. Seeing the speed indicator move up to 400+ KPH was surreal.

I would also recommend the Maglev. Just be aware it only runs at 430kph at specific times.

Unless this has changed those times are:

0900-1045 and 1500-1645.

All other times it is running at a pedestrian 300kph just like any other run of the mill bullet train in China :p.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Maglev_Train

• 3 weeks later...

We have stayed at Central Hotel Shanghai and will stay there again later this year. Great hotel and super location.

]Hi hoping some one has done a cruise from Shanghai to Japan

I would like any advice please on hotels in Shanghai and getting from the airport to Shanghai centre

Also if Royal do a transfer from the ship to the airport at the end of the cruise or would we be better off getting a taxi are flight will not be till 8pm that night

Thanks for any information