inaugural sailing to Alaska on Eurodam was... different

jujuyu211

I would give Tamarind another chance with a different main cours offering. The only items that we find very displeasing are the battered shrimp. This was my 1st order as well at the Tamarind. So disappointed, however now it IS our favorite dining venue. Love the shrimp crackers as well!

Tamarind was excellent IMHO. I had the Wasabi crusted beef, and found it fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I enjoyed reading your detailed descriptions and thank you for posting the daily programs.

I noticed a bar called the Ocean Bar and it lists "The Band Plays" on some nights from 5PM-8PM; is there dancing on those nights. I noticed it lists Tea Dances some days and I was wondering if there is a small dance floor? Thanks!

I enjoyed reading your detailed descriptions and thank you for posting the daily programs.

I noticed a bar called the Ocean Bar and it lists "The Band Plays" on some nights from 5PM-8PM; is there dancing on those nights. I noticed it lists Tea Dances some days and I was wondering if there is a small dance floor? Thanks!

Yes there is a dance floor. Depending on the cruise and/or the band there are a few couples who dance in the 5-6pm hour. My experience is that shorter cruises = fewer dancers. On our last cruise (a 16 day re-positioning on Volendam) there were two regular couples in the early hour. Both were excellent. So was rhe band. In fact they were the best Ocean Bar trio I have heard in the past few years.

Thank you for your very thorough report. I love the Eurodam and was happy to see it in Alaska for 2017 but would prefer the itinerary from VAncouver. It sounds like you got lucky with the return itinerary change to the more scenic inside passage. The change of dock in Juneau was not lucky!

Thank you for your very thorough report. I love the Eurodam and was happy to see it in Alaska for 2017 but would prefer the itinerary from VAncouver. It sounds like you got lucky with the return itinerary change to the more scenic inside passage. The change of dock in Juneau was not lucky!

Last 3 times I've sailed into Juneau I've ended up at the AJ dock [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums