QEii terminal

Happyday2

Haven't been for a while. It always was the case, before Ocean Terminal existed, that you arrived; went through the check in desks and security, and then waited in a lounge. Now you arrive and wait to be called to the check in desks, go through security, and straight on to the ship.

To be honest we haven't been from their very recently and can't remember!

Hopefully someone else will have a better memory! 😄

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Only once on a Princess cruise about 5 years ago and it was chaos.

From getting in the queue to drop the car off to get to the security screening was about 2 hours. We were all stood outside, no seats, no offer of drinks, no apology.

Sailed on Princess July 2016 and was on the ship just after 11 o'clock. QEII Terminal has been greatly improved. No parking in the terminal now so several lines for arriving cars. Check-in was still downstairs, then up escalator, through security and on to ship. Son and family arrived a little later and still straight on to ship. However, no doubt p&o will keep passengers waiting and there will be a queue of cars and shortage of seating.

As security, with more machines, is now upstairs there is probably less seating (did not affect us as we went directly through security and on to ship) but there are more lines for cars. It was much improved since my last time a year before for a Queen Victoria cruise.

It sounds as though they have improved the layout since we were there a couple of years ago. We had parking with CPS but we had to drive in and then let the porters take the luggage and then drive on round to where CPS took the car. Unfortunately the man in front of us didn't seem to know the procedure, and I must admit we only did because one of the porters told us. He pulled up in front of the entrance, the porters took his luggage, his passengers got out to go towards the entrance of the departure area and then he jumped out and went with them. What he thought was going to happen to his car I don't know but we couldn't move as we were behind him and obviously there were cars behind us. My husband jumped out and ran after him and eventually he came back looking rather shamefacedly at the queue that had formed behind him.

We sailed on Aurora from there last year and it was much improved form our our previous use of it. The car arrivals are is now much better and allows vehicles to flow through much better than before. The check-in desks were still downstairs, as was security, then upstairs for a short wait before being called to board the ship.