Best Beach Allure Eastern Carrib / Which Port to Skip?

PuttIng this here instead of ports of call since it involves three different POC (I've been to the individual forums). And posted in family cruising - but I suspect this board is more active.

We will be on Allure, Eastern Caribbean (leaving this Sunday!!) and usually like to choose one port day to enjoy a quiet ship. The ship is as much destination as the ports. Traveling with two young kids (9 and 7) and interested in having the best beach days. (Historical tours may have to wait a few years - we tried the ruins last year in Cozumel but it was a bit difficult in the heat). So, between Nassau ( only there 7-2:30), St. Thomas and St. Kitts - which day would you stay on ship?

Was thinking if a lot of people stay on in Nassau - wouldn't feel like a port day anyway. So considering a ship excursion to Blue Lagoon (b/c of timing and DD wants to see the dolphins - probably wouldn't pay for dolphin excursion) or resort for a day at Melia Nassau.

If we stay on ship in St. Thomas or St. Kitts, would get off for a little bit. Was contemplating staying on in St. Thomas (hubby and I have been there before but not kids) - but maybe we shouldn't miss Magen's Bay. Not sure if St. Thomas beaches would be better than St. Kitts (never been there - considering island tour or dolphin excursion if we don't do Blue Lagoon in Nassau).

For reference, last year we stayed on ship in Falmouth (save for some shopping at the port) and enjoyed the emptier pools and quieter ship.

So, best beaches of the 3 (clean, clear, warm water), and which port best to use as a ship day? Our favorite beach day ever was Castaway Cay and wondering if we can experience something similar anywhere else.

Sorry so long and thanks for any advice - we have a few days to decide!

Not a fan of Nassau so we always stay on the ship there. But love St. Thomas. However we enjoy the town. But Megan's Bay is fantastic. We have only been to St. Kitts once. We did the Fan-ta-sea tour with Royal Caribbean. Loved it so much we are booking again. It's a catamaran that sails to a beautiful cove for some great swimming or snorkeling, then to Nevis Island for about an hour and a half of laying on the beach and swimming. Drinks are free, and there is a decent lunch. Nevis also had a small restaurant for food. But they supplied umbrellas and chairs for everyone and opened up a free bar on the beach. Really loved it. Would be a bit pricey for 4 though.

I also recommend Coki Beach in St Thomas and they also have Coral World Ocean Park right next door, which I bet your kids would love. We really enjoyed it when we were there. I'm with everyone else...Nassau is boring but like you said, lots of people stay on the ship. I've never been to St Kitts but Bob recommended a beach there, so I'm sure it would be a good one.

I think I'd spend the day on the ship while in Nassau since you won't be there long anyway and just hope plenty of people do get off so you can enjoy a fairly empty ship! However, you're right and there is a dolphin place (boat ride there) in Nassau because we went while there. St Thomas is so pretty and there are so many options of things to do there and I'm sure St Kitts is gorgeous as well and would be a great beach day.

This is a tough question but whatever you decide, I hope you have a great cruise!! My family will be getting on the Allure when you will be getting off!!

Edited by Snooksi