Seattle sailaway and arrival questions

ozziebound

Hi everyone

My wife and I are on the June 9 Alaska solstice sailing out of Seattle. Getting excited!

So a few questions...

Rhapsody of the seas is also leaving from Pier 91 that day. Do we all go through security together (both ships' passengers) and van that create a backlog? That happened to us in Vancouver a few years ago and it was a terrible line to wait in.

We're in aqua class so we might get some special line to check in after(?) going through security. I know rooms are usually not ready until early to mid-afternoon, but my wife wants to go to the gym after boarding anyway. So, arrive at 11am perhaps? Noon?

Sailaway: stated 5pm on itinerary... Is it usually right about then for Seattle departures? Is it a picturesque sailaway from Seattle?

I've looked at some threads about muster drills. It seems they're often about 45 minutes before sailaway... Any recent experiences to share?

Yes we get blu because of aqua but my wife didn't like blu for dinner last time so we're going to do MDR and specialty restaurants the whole time (but blu for breakfast probably). We'll talk to the maitre d after boarding about finding us a table for 4-5 nights (or maybe we'll talk to the people at blu and they'll talk to the MDR maitre d. Yes, I've read the "blu and MDR" thread).

If they can give us a six pm table we'll do sailaway at an outdoor bar (mast? Sunset?) and then get dinner.

Or we might take a specialty restaurant if they're offering good deals.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone

My wife and I are on the June 9 Alaska solstice sailing out of Seattle. Getting excited!

So a few questions...

Rhapsody of the seas is also leaving from Pier 91 that day. Do we all go through security together (both ships' passengers) and van that create a backlog? That happened to us in Vancouver a few years ago and it was a terrible line to wait in.

We're in aqua class so we might get some special line to check in after(?) going through security. I know rooms are usually not ready until early to mid-afternoon, but my wife wants to go to the gym after boarding anyway. So, arrive at 11am perhaps? Noon?

Sailaway: stated 5pm on itinerary... Is it usually right about then for Seattle departures? Is it a picturesque sailaway from Seattle?

I've looked at some threads about muster drills. It seems they're often about 45 minutes before sailaway... Any recent experiences to share?

Yes we get blu because of aqua but my wife didn't like blu for dinner last time so we're going to do MDR and specialty restaurants the whole time (but blu for breakfast probably). We'll talk to the maitre d after boarding about finding us a table for 4-5 nights (or maybe we'll talk to the people at blu and they'll talk to the MDR maitre d. Yes, I've read the "blu and MDR" thread).

If they can give us a six pm table we'll do sailaway at an outdoor bar (mast? Sunset?) and then get dinner.

Thanks everyone!

Pier 91 has the terminal divided into two for two ships. Security ,,baggage drop and waiting area are seperate.

Hi everyone

So a few questions...

Thanks everyone!

My sister and I took the Solstice cruise last year out of Seattle. We were first time cruisers and had no clue what we were doing...despite spending months researching!! LOL!!! We took a taxi to the Pier from our hotel at 1030 and the line of cars to get to the Pier was LONG already, because of people leaving at the same time. Our taxi driver took a "shortcut" and got us to the Pier in what he called the back way and if I remember correctly the ride cost us about 20 bucks...we gave him a great tip too because he was very entertaining!! Looking back it was so chaotic, but we were so excited it never bothered us. The minute we stepped out of the cab there were porters asking which ship you were with and whisked your luggage away. The building is split between Solstice and whichever other ship is there at the time with signs that direct you. The security lines really do move fairly quickly and we were on the ship by 1130 or so. Rooms were ready around 1 to 1:15ish or so.

Muster drill took place around 4 and we were in a plain veranda room, so we were sandwiched in the photo place with about a couple hundred of our new nearest and dearest friends! LOL! We watched a video and listened to instructions and it really wasn't horrible as the passengers around us were in good spirits, so it kept us all happy!

We had plenty of time after muster to get up to the top deck for sailaway. It was cloudy the day we left, but not raining! It really was very pretty to watch the city disappearing as we sailed away for our Alaskan adventure. We also had dinner that night at Tuscan Grille, which we really had no complaints about and the scenery provided the perfect start to our cruise.

Hope you have an awesome time!!