Seattle Restaurant Suggestions

uwbadger

We are two families who will be on the 6/12 sailing of the Diamond and we are staying in Seattle a few days following the cruise. Since we will be in Seattle for Father's Day we were wondering if any locals could suggest a good place for dinner? We will have three children - a 6 year old and two, 8 year olds in our party so we are looking for a casual, restaurant with a real local flare (had heard mention of Barnaby's).

Thanks!

Carnival Spirit - May 2001

Regal Princess - Jul 2002

RCCL Radiance - May 2003

RCCL Monarch - Nov 2003

Carnival Spirit - Apr 2004

Diamond Princess - Jun 2004

Carnival Conquest - Aug 2004

Carnival Spirit - Mar 2005

Disney Magic - Aug 2005

Hi,

Try 13 Coins. The food is excellent and the prices are reasonable. The one downtown is intimate and my favorite of the two in town. The other is at the airport and has more room. The service is outstanding and the restaurant has been around quite a while.

If you want to try a Fathers Day brunch that will knock your socks off try Saltys on Alki Beach. You will want to try everything but it's impossible. Fresh crepes of every kind, fresh seafood of course, fresh breads, egg's made every way, fresh fruit it's an amazing brunch. I can't do it justice visit the website. saltys.com

Natonya

If you like good seafood, everyone in Seattle seemed to suggest to us McCormicks & Schmick's. Unfortunately, they were busy so we didn't get the opportunity to try their food. I'd suggest making a reservation (apparently they are always busy - which I would say is a good sign too icon_smile.gif ).

Natonya - Seeing that you are from the area, I was hoping that you might be able to offer some first-hand experience for me. We have reservations at Icon Grill this month - it was suggested by a friend of a friend ........(which means I didn't get to talk to them! LOL)Have you ever eaten there? Or heard anything about it? Thanks so much!

Tracy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;26;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

DIAMOND ALASKA

Given that I live in downtown Seattle, here are some of my personal favorites :

* Machiavelli

(Intimate, Classic Italian)

* P.F. Chang's

* Salty's on Alki

* Brasserie Margaux

(French Restaurant at the Warwick Hotel)

* Miriani's Italian

(Located in Wallingford Area)

I may think of more and post later on icon_wink.gif

Steve

www.shipcafe.net

For a family with kids and a nice view of the waterfront including ferries comin and going, I recommend Ivor's Acres of CLams. It's a nice seafood restaurant, with kid friendly food, in a casual atmosphere. They also have some outside dining. They are also just adjacent to an indoor merry-go-round and arcade.

Cruisin' Chris

Plus one more later in 04 or Q1 05!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2005;5;9;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0000  5/9/04 Golden Princess Transatlantic

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

I'd recommend Salty's on Alki--take the passenger ferry from the Seattle waterfront over to the West Seattle area, where Salty's is located. Your kids will love taking the water taxi.

http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/oto/water_taxi.html#wtsched

Another place that kids love in Seattle is Bucca di Beppo--italian food served family style. They have them elsewhere in the country, but my nieces loved going there when in Seattle.

Any of the waterfront restaurants would be good, but Anthony's and Ivar's are probably the best choices.

We spent an extra day in Seattle before our 5/15 cruise on the Diamond and I made reservations at Anthony's after researching places to eat on the web. We both enjoyed it, but it was obvious they weren't happy with the way we were dressed (casual but not shorts or sloppy) and we were taken to a balcony off to the side. Still a nice view and good service, and we had lots of other "casual" tourists on our balcony :-) I hope you have as good a day as we did - Seattle really showed off for us on our visit!

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions. We have 2 nights to spend in Seattle so we may try and hit a few of these spots. icon_biggrin.gif

Carnival Spirit - May 2001

Regal Princess - Jul 2002

RCCL Radiance - May 2003

RCCL Monarch - Nov 2003

Carnival Spirit - Apr 2004

Diamond Princess - Jun 2004

Carnival Conquest - Aug 2004

Carnival Spirit - Mar 2005

Disney Magic - Aug 2005

ok, I'm going a little off the beaten path. ALl the seafood ideas are good from above (Anthonys, 13 coins, and Saltys's are best enjoyed as adults - kids can get a bit bored at these places as they are what I call the "nice linen" restaurants). ICON is a very *cool* restaurant (order the hot fudge sundae - it is art).

Jennie was right on with Bucca di Beppo. That was the first place that popped into my mind when reading your post. It is a great family place and with more than 6 - you can call and make a reservation. They serve fun and tasty Italian dishes family style (large portions that you all share).

You may want to just skip going out to dinner and take the monorail over to the Seattle Center and grab dinner in their food circus (the main food pavilion). Summertime is a great time to check out the rides, space needle, beautiful fountain and science center!

No matter what you choose, you will enjoy Seattle! icon_smile.gif

BTW: Barnaby's is located in Tukwila (a bit of a trek from Seattle). The food is alright, but I wouldn't go out of my way to visit when there is so much to choose from in downtown.

Have a great trip!

~Suzy

"Our" Maiden Voyage: Tahitian Princess Aug. 25

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;08;25;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

If Ray's Boathouse is still around it was a great place. I honestly haven't been there in a few years as I haven't been lucky enough to go to Seattle. Ray's sits on the water and as the sun sets, the Olympic Mtns show up across the sound... beautiful. For those of you living in Seattle please forgive me if I have the wrong mtn's etc. One of the most memorable experiences and excellent service and food.

ddpe

For lunch, picking up something ready made or ingredents to make a picnic youself at the Pike Place Market is a fun thing to do, eating either at one of the restaurants or taking the food to a nearby park. Inexpensive options in the Market area, along with some that are more pricey.

ddpe,

You have the mountians correct!

Ray's is another good place. It goes well with a trip to the locks on the way there.

John

10/3/4 Explorer of the Seas

NCL, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, Regency, BSL, Costa, Cunard, Princess, Celebrity

Hi,

Toured the Sapphire today so my reply to your question is late. My husband was born and raised in this area I was in Eastern Washington so I'm still learning. Both places I mentioned he took me when we were dating and wanted to impress me. It worked! Both have great food and a wonderful atmosphere. Salty's has the view where 13 Coins is intimate. If you think the ship has a lot of food Salty's brunch will blow your mind. Last time I went it was $25 per person. Coins though, you can sit at the counter and watch your dinner being prepared. It's pretty cool especially when the flames get going.

Anthony's and Ivar's are excellent picks as well you can't go wrong with those. Have not been to the downtown (waterfront) Ivar's but my husband has and said you would love that too. Been to Ivar's in Mukilteo and the food was great. It's our little hangout but not right now as last winter's storm blew a big wave through the restaurant and they are still in repair.

Let us know which one you picked when you return. Have fun!icon_smile.gif

Natonya

Natonya, I have been in Seattle only one day in my life. Totally by chance, and without a recommendation from anyone, I went to 13 Coins. I thought it was great, but I am amazed to read about it here. By the time I left I was singing "13 coins in a fountain..."

JV The 4 stages of cruising: planning, anticipation, experience and reflection.

Archived