Need Advice - How Does Itinerary Change Affect Excursions Booked Through Princess

CATGUY7

i received an itinerary change this morning for an Alaskan cruise in June. We will arrive in Juneau two hours later than originally planned. What happens with the excursions booked through Princess? We now arrive at 2:30 instead to 12:30, and our excursion was booked at 1:00. The only other time offered was 2:00, and doesn't have enough slots available for my party. Any ideas on whether they'll just adjust the excursions, or cancel them completely?

i received an itinerary change this morning for an Alaskan cruise in June. We will arrive in Juneau two hours later than originally planned. What happens with the excursions booked through Princess? We now arrive at 2:30 instead to 12:30, and our excursion was booked at 1:00. The only other time offered was 2:00, and doesn't have enough slots available for my party. Any ideas on whether they'll just adjust the excursions, or cancel them completely?

Catguy,

If your excursion is canceled or modified to the extent that you can not go, Princess will reimburse you. Typically in the form of payment. That is, credit card credit or OBC credit.

Most of the time, if they can, they will adjust the time of the excursion. It depends on what the vendor can do. What is the excursion? Some can easily be changed and some can not.

I wasn't sure how hard Princess would work to make the excursions happen, and wondered if I should go ahead and make alternate plans as a back-up. I hate to take up space on another excursion as a back-up, but I don't want to have to scramble to make plans either. (No flights are involved in what we've booked).

Most of the time, if they can, they will adjust the time of the excursion. It depends on what the vendor can do. What is the excursion? Some can easily be changed and some can not.

It's the dog sled summer camp.

It's the dog sled summer camp.

That is a tough one (helicopter?). You will have to wait to see what they do. Hopefully the vendor can adjust to the time change.

I know if you call, you can't speak to shore excursion group but someone at Princess can. They can advise you if you should try to get as many on the later excursion or if they are working to accommodate you. You may also want to look into 3rd party companies if they can't re-accomodate you.

http://www.temscoair.com