Carnival hit new low

rsember1

Here is your review:

Just when you though that it could not get any worse, Carnival now serves Peach pie, blueberry pie, and cherry pie that consists of 90% Gelatin and a few bits of peaches blueberries and 1 cherry in their desert pies that were served in the main dining room. Pies were shown to maitre'd who acted like he was unaware that it was mostly gelatin but did or said nothing about it. I am a diamond member on Carnival with over 300 days sailing and every time I have sailed in the past year each time something new gets taken away from the passengers. Other cruise lines are going forward but Carnival seems to be in reverse. I now consider other lines as my first choice when booking cruises, and give up my few perks as a diamond club member. Another surprise was my FREE DRINK Coupon that cost me $1.09 because the coupon was only good for $8.95 in the brunch (which is the only place I could use it) and the Bloody Mary's were $9.95 plus tip and many drinks that have been raised to $9.25, were charged $.24.This is that worst proof of penny pinching on a cruise line I have ever seen. In my opinion Carnival has got to improve these givebacks for me to consider cruising with them again. I am so sorry to have to say this after 25 years of cruising with them

Pie? They serve pie? I thought the ONLY dessert they had in the MDR was warm chocolate melting cake with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on the side. Hmmm... Nevermind, I'll stick with my choice! Haha I do love that chocolate melting cake...

And you can go to the Royal Caribbean board and read the same complaints :cool: Yes, entertainment is better. No, the food is NOT better to most that sail both lines without bias. Carnival does MUCH better with their included options than Royal does. You cant even compare to that frozen garbage they serve at Sorrentos to a fresh made Carnival pizza. Royals included Windjammer burgers are horrid, their desserts are also about 100% gelatin crap too. The MDR is a tie to me and the Windjammer is a little better than Carnivals Lido Marketplace. Carnivals steakhouses blow Chops out of the water. Period.

Exactly! I agree 100% with everything you said. Being a former "loyal to Royal" customer, I finally got sick of their increasing prices and getting less for it. Those burgers are the worst things on the planet. The pizza is only edible late at night when there's nothing else to fill the hole. And our last trip to Chops we had terrible service and felt rushed so they could get the next group in, for less than expected quality of meats.

I personally feel that Carnival is a very good value for the money. RCCL is getting too big for their britches and it's showing in their service and constant attempts to get in your wallet once onboard. Our last cruise on the Oasis was terrible and we paid big bucks and are finished with them for a while. We are doing the Dream this year and are going on Disney next year and possibly Norwegian as it's an Anniversary year and graduation year as well so we're planning 2 cruises on 2 lines we've never been on. As we try out these other lines we'll be able to better compare which lines are better.

If I ever get to the point where pies make or break my cruise, it is time to stop cruising- not just switch cruiselines. Maybe they should fire the pie-filling person for skimping on the fruit - lol.

I would recommend RCCL, their food and entertainment is better and the prices are not that much different

Food is always going to be subjective. My husband and I thought the food on our last RC cruise in October was disgusting. The only decent food we had all week was in the extra-charge Sabor restaurant. I do agree that the entertainment was undeniably better.